Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lexy604

How much acid to use in a day

Well i was using a wash with GA and SA in it and now i am just using SA do you think this will be a big change?? i use actually a lot of SA is that bad.Heres my routine

MORNIN:

wash face in shower with just water

Wipe with clearisil pad with 2 percent SA

spot treat with 5 percent bp if needed

Put on moisturizer 0.5 percent SA

Put on my makupe

NIGHT

Wash face with neutrogena deep clean gentle scrub dont know how much SA but the ingredients say its in there.

Put on BP all over 2 percent

Spot treat with QH mint mask

ODD DAYS

Full mask of QH mint mask

Egg white mask for 15 mins

Life brand papaya mask

once a week neutrogena advanced solutions face peel GA 20 percent so they say.

what do you think i should change or maybe should i use more GA than SA

I don't think that you are really using all that much acid at all. It all depends on how sensitive your skin is.

I personally use 2% SA cleansing wipes every morning like you, and a cleanser with both GA and SA at night and resurfacing cream with both GA and SA also every night.

Plus I want to get my hands on some 30% GA to help with my scars and work my way up to maybe 70%... I'm a bit of an acid junky I guess wink.gif

So as long as your skin is improving and not being overly irritated than I think it's fine

I don't think that you are really using all that much acid at all.  It all depends on how sensitive your skin is.

I personally use 2% SA cleansing wipes every morning like you, and a cleanser with both GA and SA at night and resurfacing cream with both GA and SA also every night.

Plus I want to get my hands on some 30% GA to help with my scars and work my way up to maybe 70%... I'm a bit of an acid junky I guess  wink.gif

So as long as your skin is improving and not being overly irritated than I think it's fine