Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
manymoremoons

sick and tired of chemicals

once i heard that acid reflux is actually caused by a lack of acids in the stomach, and that a spoonful of vinegar would help it. that pepcid and all those other acid removers only made the problem come back at a later date (helping to keep those companies in business)

skin dries out and then makes oils to help moisturize it. putting benzoyl peroxide on your face, drying it out like crazy, and then expecting your face to clear up seems like a waste of energy to me. i havent been using anything on my face other than a sensitive face wash/exfoliator (st. ives) and an intense aveeno oatmeal moisturizer (sometimes using a lighter clean and clear dual action salyclyic moisturizer when i need to not look greasy). ive also been hanging out outside, getting sun (which is healthy and good for you if you dont go out and try and cook yourself), and exercising (which is also very good and healthy for you). and my skin hasnt broken out since (minus a few small whitheads that have come and popped within a few hours). your skin needs moisture, so stop killing it with chemicals and start enjoying life (outdoors...because afterall, you can go out in the sun if youre not loading on chemicals like benzoyl) and having clearer skin.

oh, and one more thing...make sure you drink plenty of water (sodas dont cut it), and take your vitamins (theyre good for you!) and always wash your face with clear water really well after youve used any soaps on it (i never did and i think that simple, basic step is why i had breakouts...soap irritates your skin if its left on the face to dry). :-D

smile. youre beautiful.

xoxo

manymoremoons

That sounds alot more logical than bp.I have been using it off-and on for about a year. My face is the same whether I use it or not. It just gets dryer.

Thats common sense, I know, but these people liek it.

Also, people with really serious acne need chemicals.

I have very mild acne so i agree with you!

once i heard that acid reflux is actually caused by a lack of acids in the stomach, and that a spoonful of vinegar would help it. that pepcid and all those other acid removers only made the problem come back at a later date (helping to keep those companies in business)

skin dries out and then makes oils to help moisturize it. putting benzoyl peroxide on your face, drying it out like crazy, and then expecting your face to clear up seems like a waste of energy to me. i havent been using anything on my face other than a sensitive face wash/exfoliator (st. ives) and an intense aveeno oatmeal moisturizer (sometimes using a lighter clean and clear dual action salyclyic moisturizer when i need to not look greasy). ive also been hanging out outside, getting sun (which is healthy and good for you if you dont go out and try and cook yourself), and exercising (which is also very good and healthy for you). and my skin hasnt broken out since (minus a few small whitheads that have come and popped within a few hours). your skin needs moisture, so stop killing it with chemicals and start enjoying life (outdoors...because afterall, you can go out in the sun if youre not loading on chemicals like benzoyl) and having clearer skin.

oh, and one more thing...make sure you drink plenty of water (sodas dont cut it), and take your vitamins (theyre good for you!) and always wash your face with clear water really well after youve used any soaps on it (i never did and i think that simple, basic step is why i had breakouts...soap irritates your skin if its left on the face to dry). :-D

smile. youre beautiful.

xoxo

manymoremoons

First off, acid reflux is caused by TOO MUCH stomach acid, not too little. Too little can also cause problems, but you mixed it up. Also, I have no idea why you even brought up stomach acid eusa_think.gif

Second off, I think that's great if you can use more sensitive stuff and have your skin clear up. That sounds more just like you were using the wrong products. But a lot of us have "real" acne, the kind that doesn't just go away by using gentle products. So while that's nice and all that you just had mild product-related acne, others DON'T!