Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Josephine110

Dan's regimen only!

I just started the regimen on June 1. The products I am using are Purpose bar cleanser, Neutrogena On-the-Spot BP 2.5%, and Neutrogene Oil-free moisturizer (SPF 15). everyday i noticed my skin clearing up more and more for the first 4-5 days. However, my skin dried out like never before. Flaking off in sheets! On day 7 i noticed 3 new blemishes. Today is day 8 and i have 2 new ones today. a total of 5 blemishes. and my skin still looks like a desert- dry and cracked all over. I only apply the BP to the lower half of my face. How long should I wait to expect clearing results?

Also, for people with extra dry skin, what do you think are the best products to use? I'm running out of hope, and after viewing abby's website, i hope I'll get results like that!

One more question, any of you ladies out there tried Ortho Tri Cyclen? If so, did it work, and how long did it take? Does it initially make acne worse?

i'm on day 9 on the regimen. my face broke out incredibly! probably worse than it ever has! i don't touch my face anymore, i dont know what i did. I started Ortho-tri-cyclen about half a month ago, and maybe the new hormone levels are giving me initial breakouts. Does anyobody have any personal experience in this area? I think I'm going to try Accutane, but I'm afraid. I'm going to talk to my derm tomorrow. Face is still peeling off in sheets! flakes and flakes! Argh! :D Anyway, i'll keep ya updated on how it goes...

I used to take Ortho then switched to Lo-Ovral. I read somewhere that Lo-Ovral can aggravate acne in certain cases so I switched to Ortho again about a month ago. My skin was pretty clear while I was on Ortho the first time. I just recently started breaking out really bad all at once. I had 12 or so huge cyst-like zits on just my chin area!!!!! I started a acne regimen about a week and a half ago and they're almost all gone!!

Anyways, I don't think the Ortho will hurt. Try it!

Thanks for your advice. I started Ortho about 2 weeks ago, but I just recently broke out really bad. My derm wants to put me on accutane. He thinks it will really help with my type of acne. I start in 2 weeks. Right now I'm trying Doxycycline (it's an antibiotic) with Cleocin-T in the morning and Brevoxyl 8% at night. In one week, I start some steroids that should clear me up in hopes to help me avoid the initial outbreak of Accutane.

The Clinda gel..Is it supposed to make you break out really bad at first, or is that the Cleocin...? My face is breaking out like crazy!!!!Help!! :D

I was wrong when I told you in my last post that I was using Cleocin. I'm using Clindamycin gel in the morning

My derm put me on clindamycin and differin gel. However i went along with it for only 4 days coz i noticed no results and i think more small bumps were forming. I started dan's regimen for 3 days now..the first day the bumps on my cheek subsided..not all tough..the second day i was getting all excited so i used alot of bp and the next day my skin became red and painful. Now my skin is kinda scalling but i'm noticing less bumps and no new breakouts. oh well..hope all works fine for u

Also, for people with extra dry skin, what do you think are the best products to use?

Yo - I have very dry skin. My picks:

Moisturisers ....avene rich hydrating cream, clarins sensitive skin day or night moisturiser. You could consider an aha misturiser...that will exfoliate the flakiness.

Cleansers: Throw away the bar cleanser!!!! don't use bar products with dry skin)....instead...cetaphil liquid cleanser is a good one.

If you do go on accutane you will need....a full on body moisturiser (something emollient like Keri Lotion) and plenty of lip balm too.

I've taking Ortha too but, I did experience on that. Someone in the forum told me that it should take time to get your face clear with Ortho give about 3 months and you'll see results. For the flaking of your skin. Moisture it really helps your skin needs to be soothe too. Try doing that it might work.