Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

Umm does eating candy & chips cause acne?

I believe that different people have different causes for acne. In my personal experience over this past week I haven't eaten really ANYTHING and I've noticed my acne completely dry up and start to fade. Last night I ate some burger king and some chef-boyardee and I can feel a new zit forming on my forehead as well as darker red marks (for some reason).

-ItsElectric

I believe that different people have different causes for acne. In my personal experience over this past week I haven't eaten really ANYTHING and I've noticed my acne completely dry up and start to fade. Last night I ate some burger king and some chef-boyardee and I can feel a new zit forming on my forehead as well as darker red marks (for some reason).

-ItsElectric

Well not eating does stop acne. That's why people starving in third world countries don't have them, which is another proof that acne is diet is related. But who in their right mind would stop to eating.

I recently have cut down on my sugar intake levels... but am yet to c results as it was just 2 days ago...lol... this is wat i have done to my diet... added soy milk, cerials, fresh fruit (by the way which fruit is best for ur skin?), less sugar, more vitamin C, ummm... less chocolate and ice cream and any fat... i still have my red meat az i need it for my excercise (im an elite swimmer biggrin.gif) but when i do eat the meat i make sure all the fat is off it before i eat it... (hate that fat)

i just got a few Questions if ppl can help me...

1) Is it ok to take flaxseed oil while on Roaccutane?

2) Wat fruits are better for acne than others?

3) And how long will it take to start seeing results with the no sugar diet if the sugar affects me??

Thanks pplz... Help would be great biggrin.gif

AlKaMiMe

I believe linking acne and diet is too vague.

I think you can link some peoples acne (or at least the severity of it) with a badly functioning digestive system. This lead to hormonal inbalances, or at least make them worse. It can also mean there is a build up of toxins in the body.

I believe some peoples acne may be caused by particular food allergies (tho I don't think this is particulaly common). Allergies in general often manifest themsleves as skin problems. If I eat melon or water melon you can be sure that within an hour my arms will be full of very red blotches/patches of dry skin, which will dissapear within around 12 hours if I avoid melon (which of course I now do), I had the exact same problem with some Olay Shower Gel.

I recently have cut down on my sugar intake levels... but am yet to c results as it was just 2 days ago...lol... this is wat i have done to my diet... added soy milk, cerials, fresh fruit (by the way which fruit is best for ur skin?), less sugar, more vitamin C, ummm... less chocolate and ice cream and any fat... i still have my red meat az i need it for my excercise (im an elite swimmer biggrin.gif) but when i do eat the meat i make sure all the fat is off it before i eat it... (hate that fat)

i just got a few Questions if ppl can help me...

1) Is it ok to take flaxseed oil while on Roaccutane?

2) Wat fruits are better for acne than others?

3) And how long will it take to start seeing results with the no sugar diet if the sugar affects me??

Thanks pplz... Help would be great biggrin.gif

AlKaMiMe