Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
adc85

What is considered unacceptable?

Hey guys,

I have moderate acne but it has been clearing up a lot lately thanks to a certain cream and moisturizer I've been using. But I still wonder just how much acne is considered totally unattractive to most people? Not that I'm worried too much about that but obviously I do a little since I made this topic. I just want to hear some honest opinions from all kinds of people. This is strictly informative for me and I will not take anything personally. I figure that acne isn't a big deal to most people as long as it isn't too severe right?

Hey guys,

I have moderate acne but it has been clearing up a lot lately thanks to a certain cream and moisturizer I've been using. But I still wonder just how much acne is considered totally unattractive to most people? Not that I'm worried too much about that but obviously I do a little since I made this topic. I just want to hear some honest opinions from all kinds of people. This is strictly informative for me and I will not take anything personally. I figure that acne isn't a big deal to most people as long as it isn't too severe right?

Hey guys,

marvin why are you on an acne support forum?

probably coz he wants to leand support still and find out about new treatements available. I'm moslty clear too now-but i'll stick around. You meet cool people here! eusa_angel.gif

probably coz he wants to leand support still and find out about new treatements available. I'm moslty clear too now-but i'll stick around. You meet cool people here! eusa_angel.gif

Hey guys,

1 pimple can be the most unattractive thing that can turn off myself, tho i can't speak on other people behalf. besides lepracy i think acne is the most gross thing to look at. whatever you do just try and cover up your acne with makeup if anything or else be in for a rough time cuz people arn't too accepting with acne sufferers.

i'm very relieved that people can judge me and not the acne that once covered my face. eusa_dance.gif

*Insert Marvin bashing comment here*

I'd rather date someone with slightly imperfect skin in some way. It would make me feel like maybe they have a sense of what it's like to have to work your ass to have somewhat nice skin. A few pimples do not bother me, no sir.

I dont notice acne like my friends do. They really don't care about my severe acne, the reason I think is because i've been hanging out with them since i was clear and all acned up for years. Im guessing they are used to it. Other people call it disgusting or just ask me what happened over the summer. I dont notice acne on people, I notice scars though.

We want honest answers and Marvin gave us honest answers. I personally thank him for telling the truth, because I suspect that many people are turned off by pimples. It would be even worse to make people think that acne isn't repulsive and have them go out and be called acneface, acneboy, moonface, things like that(I have been called all that, but that's coz my acne is really really really bad). That would hurt alot.

Anyways, I find that acne makes a bad first impression, but that's it. Once they get to know you, acne doesnt matter at all.

We want honest answers and Marvin gave us honest answers. I personally thank him for telling the truth, because I suspect that many people are turned off by pimples. It would be even worse to make people think that acne isn't repulsive and have them go out and be called acneface, acneboy, moonface, things like that(I have been called all that, but that's coz my acne is really really really bad). That would hurt alot.

Anyways, I find that acne makes a bad first impression, but that's it. Once they get to know you, acne doesnt matter at all.

"Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price."

IPeter 3:3-4 biggrin.gif

"Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price."

IPeter 3:3-4    biggrin.gif

think she said it cos marvin was on about being disgusted by acne, and that you should cover it up or wotever. thats not really helped me cos i thought it might be ok to go without makeup for once to see if my skin gets better. but if people are gonna get repulsed by my face... sad.gif o well stuff em its my face.

From what I have seen it seems like acne doesnt bother girls too much, ive seen guys with bad acne with hot girls who dont care, it all depends if you are good looking for not. If your good looking your good looking, acne doesnt affect your appearance too much. Personally, a girl with acne doesnt bother me, if she is hot she is hot, acne doesnt make her unattractive.