Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
____user

BP Gel Side Effects - "Mosquito Bites"

I know I've posted about this before, but it's driving me crazy.

I'm 25 years old, and have always had reasonably bad skin, particularly on my forehead, which has been bumpy and oily. I've been on the Regimen for several months now and it's had (largely) a very positive effect on my skin. I've been following it EXACTLY to Dan's instructions.

My face is now significantly smoother, less oily and my forehead looks perfect.

However, for some reason, I seem to get these large, painful red "mosquito bites" on my cheeks. They appear deep beneath my skin, never come to the surface and hurt a great deal. What's worrying is that I NEVER had these prior to the regimen. They take ages to heal, finally disappear and then reapper shortly after. They are particularly tough as they make it painful to smile, and look terrible.

I thought, perhaps, it might be a food allergy or something similar. This doesn't seem to be the case. I've also seen a number of posts where people seem to suffer from this problem as an apparent side effect of BP.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Would really appreciate anyone's views on this, as it's beginning to make me question contnuing the regimen.

For your info, my regimen:

Neutrogena cleanser / Cetaphil cleanser

Dan's BP Gel

Eucerin Skin Renewal

Thanks all.