Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest TylerD

Cortisone cream

Guest TylerD

I posted this in the red mark section but it doesnt get as much people as this forum does. So...Well I heard you are not suppose to use Cortisone for a long period of time because it can thing the skin. But if you use it for just a short period of time, would it help fade the red marks? Has anyone tried this?

I posted this in the red mark section but it doesnt get as much people as this forum does. So...Well I heard you are not suppose to use Cortisone for a long period of time because it can thing the skin. But if you use it for just a short period of time, would it help fade the red marks? Has anyone tried this?

When i had my dermabrasion done by Dr Yarborough, he told me never to use cortisone cream on red acne marks, as yes it may temporarily fade them but they WILL come back when you discontinue using them, plus i also think that cortisone creams thin the skin.

So i would most definately not use it on red marks.

Hope this helps

It works really good for burns or if you painful pimples it helps to take away the pain don't know about red marks or scars tho