Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kimberly1234

hope for large pores/filling in scars?

I have heard that the Joey New York make up line is excellent for filling in scars and especially for tightening large pores and creating a flawless look.

HAs anyone used these products, they have a whole bunch of stuff for oily skin, and large pores....qvc sells the products - looks great but we all know how these products can sometimes be!

Hi Kimberly,

I used the Joey Pure Pores Serum which is supposed to create a flawless base for makeup application and it had so much alcohol in it that it really burned my face, made it way toooo tight and caused me to peel. I know other people have had good luck with it, but it did not work at all for me.

I use MAC matte cream (it is a clear silicone base) that temporarily gives a smoother appearance to the skin. This goes on before my concealer, foundation, etc. Shiseido's Matte Stick from their Pureness line also works well, but sometimes people can get clogged pores from items that are in stick form. HTH and good luck!!!!

*Misty :D/

Thanks animegirle for replying. I did read about the alcohol ingredients and was concerned about how my skin would react. I appreciate your input! I could deal with the tightness, but the peeling, burning part is what bothers me. Did your skin become red when using this product?

My skin is soo sensitive and I become bright red with just about anything, so I think the alcohol will definately do it to me. But if it worked, it would be worth it...i guess?!

Hi Kimberly,

The Pore Filler serum did irritate and turn my skin red....ouch! I am very sensitive to things as well, and this did not agree w/ me at all! Clinique has just come out with a new pore filler cream, they say you can use it under or over foundation, but I would stick w/ under. It has a creamy feel and does a decent job of minimizing pores. You might want to check it out. I have heard decent reviews for Joey's Foundation, I know it goes on quite thick and dries to a matte finish. Some people say that it really helps minimize the pores, you might want to give that a test run. I hope this helps and have a great day!!!

*Misty :D/