Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chitown

Just got Smoothbeamed today!!!

Hey all,

I just got Smoothbeamed today, I'm really excited to see the results.

History: My normal dermatologist has been really cool about giving me laser procedures (for free!), and he's been giving me shots of photo facials and Coolglide Xeo on my problem area (scars on my right cheek), and I have seen my scar soften up and plump up (boxcar scars), but it wasn't enough for me! I wanted the Smoothbeam laser, but my doc didnt have it.

So today, I went and saw Dr. DelCampo in Chicago, and he Smoothbeamed me!

He set the power level to a 13! Which I thought was awesome, and he said I was a champ for taking that level of laser. But as I had explained to him, I had already had other laser procedures, and my skin didn't fry badly, so I told him to feel free to "turn it up".

He charges $300 for the whole face, but he charged me $150 for my right cheek area (from eye level to jawline) and a spot here and there (left temple, mid-left forehead).

If anyone is in Chicago, let me know! You guys should definitely check this guy out, he's a nice friendly guy and a great staff. PM me if you go, I can tell you my real name and you can say I sent you! Maybe I will get a discount next time! Ha ha ha :D/

Can you tell I'm really excited? :lol:/ :D/ :D/

i think my scar area is still swollen.... buuuuuut.... it's looking great! It's almost evened out... you can see an outline of the scar but it's all nice and plump!

keep in mind that i have already done other laser treatments designed to promote collagen growth, it just wasn't doing enough so I went for the mother of all lasers, the Smoothbeam laser.

cool!

Smootbeam does not damage the skin surface right? It's non ablative? You should see your truer result faster if that's the case. The ablative lasers make your skin look great at first too. On account of all the swelling the scars diminish initially, then wham! The scars come back and it's like Psyche! Hopefully, that will not be the case for you. Definitely keep us posted!

i think my scar area is still swollen.... buuuuuut.... it's looking great! It's almost evened out... you can see an outline of the scar but it's all nice and plump!

keep in mind that i have already done other laser treatments designed to promote collagen growth, it just wasn't doing enough so I went for the mother of all lasers, the Smoothbeam laser.

cool!

Guest delta force operators

bro that post is over 4 yrs old he hasnt been on the forum for over 4 yrs,

Hi ra2007!

I'm not Chitown, but I did have several treatments of Smoothbeam back in 2003. As for pimples, it may help, but as far as scars go it did absolutely nothing for mine (actually, it gave me a new scar) except empty my wallet. I thought at first I was beginning to see improvement, but more or less it was just swelling.

I've done other methods to eliminate my scars which had better results (needling, TCA cross) and now I'm going to look into fillers next.

I can't tell you which procedure will work best for you since everyone is improving with different methods, but I definitely wouldn't recommend Smoothbeam. I'm wishing you the best in whatever you decide. - MissP

Great proceedure!!

I have had them done myself they do work..

Had them done about three years ago and I'm going back now for another 6 treatments. Much much more better for the skin then Fraxel or the other lasers. No downtime and helps the collegen.

Keep going with smoothbeam it works trust me. I've done everything known to man, this works. Affordable too.

** HEHEEH I just noticed as well this is a old post.. DOH