Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
guinevere

Non-comodogenic Sunscreen?

Could someone please recommend a non-pore clogging sunscreen for me? Every single thing Ihave ever used has clogged my pores and caused little bumps all over my back, face, and chest. I am pretty clear now that I have been following Dan's regimen, and I don't want to mess that all up by using some really hideously clogging sunscreen at the beach this summer.

Have you tried:

Coppertone Oil Free Sunblock Lotion for Faces?

I've used it before and it did not make me break out, although my skin has not proven to be extremely sensitive to topical lotions and whatnot.

Ann

I have tried the typical brands (coppertone, etc.) of lotion for faces only. It still clogs my pores. Does neutragena (or some other company known for skin care) make any sunscreen for faces? What about the brands you can buy in dept. stores (like Clinique, etc)? Has anyone tried those?

Many companies make sunblocking moisturizers that are non-comedogenic. Unfortunately, the sunblocking ingredients tend to make them feel greasy.

I prefer to use mineral powder, which acts as a sunblock. Neutrogena also makes a sunblocking powder.

Many liquid foundations now also have sunblocking ingredients in them and are (considered) non-comedogenic. I usually have problems with liquid foundation though, so I wouldn't recommend it for merely it's sunblocking properties.

my FAVORITE sunscreen is the neutrogena ultra sheer dry-touch sunblock. it comes in 30spf and 45 spf. its non greasy and it almost gives your face a matte look. it also doesnt smell...i hate the smell of sunscreen. its the best one ive tried so far and ive tried a lot of different brands, including the other neutrogena ones.

ps: its on sale for $7.99 at target this week!

I use Burt's Bees diaper ointment as sunscreen LOL :D It contains mainly zinc oxide, a natural mineral and the only sunscreen that has wide spectrum (block UVA, UVB and UVC) and less irritant. Zinc oxide is physical sunscreen, it'll stay in your skin and blocks by reflecting the UV rays. I prefer natural and physical sunblock e.g zinc oxide or titanium dioxide to chemical sunscreens (cinnamates or oxibenzone).

The ointment ingredients are 100% natural and very mild (remember, this is supposed to be for baby but!). Some people might think the smell is a bit overpowering, but I don't mind herbal smell. It contains sweet almond oil and jojoba oil which probably makes you nervous (if you have oily skin), but it is not at all greasy nor clogging the pores. Quite the contrary, I found it (and I considered it a drawback) a bit drying for my dry and sensitive skin. I have to put olive oil or castor oil and moisturizer before putting the cream on :lol: . If you have oily skin, this product might be perfect. You have to wait at least 15 minutes before it even out though. And use it sparingly if you don't want to look like you are wearing a mask O:)

Not only it acts as natural sunscreen, it helps with acne, too! O:) Zinc oxide is very good for acne. Plus, this stuff have lavender, rosemary, comfrey, calendula, rose petal, vit. A and vit. E. All are good natural ingredients for acne treatment. I used to just dab the cream in my new pimple at night and it dried up in a couple of days. And NO, I don't work for Burt's Bees! :D

If you can find zinc oxide cream in aloe vera base, that would be great. The cream has to have at least 15% zinc oxide (equivalent SPF 15).

Thanks! I'm gonna go for the Neutragena stuff & see how it works. My nose turns really red no matter what sunblock I use (even 45), so maybe I do need some zinc oxide there. Maybe I will get a nice even tan without sunburn and without zits this year!