Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alisonjs122

BENZAMYCIN ISN'T WORKING!

I've used this stuff for about a week and my forehead looks exactly the same, all it's done is pulled the whiteheads out so they're sitting on the surface now....staying the same and not budging. I'm losing hope and don't know what to do at this point!!!!! Would benzaclin or duac work better for me? THANKS EVERYONE

benzaclin is more or less the same, just has a smaller percentage of the ingredient enthromycin (i think thats what its called), which stops bacteria spreading.

iv been on mine for a month n a half n it startd workin loads about 2 days ago.. but theres a massive improvement, i now have 2 spots when i had about..15

well i was using it, my skin startd clearin up then BAM KA BOOM, it went horrible, but then BAM KA ZAM it went really clear within a couple of days, and now im just pretty clear smile.gif part from a couple of spots and redness. but with concealer its not bad. even in the bad breakout, using benzamycin really helped reduce the spots.

I just started using Benzamycin again and I've been on it for about 2 weeks and like you, I haven't seen any improvement. But when I used it before it took about a month before things got better, but they did seem to get a lot better. The only down side is that this stuff causes my skin to shed like crazy.

I just started using Benzamycin again and I've been on it for about 2 weeks and like you, I haven't seen any improvement.  But when I used it before it took about a month before things got better, but they did seem to get a lot better.  The only down side is that this stuff causes my skin to shed like crazy.

i am heading to doc thursday. does benzamycin work?? i have tried pretty much everything else (retina, monocyline, tetracylin, etc). my acne ain't horrible, but i never had any before last year (i am 28 now). it sucks. i would ask for acutane, but that stuff has a billion side effects. do you use anything else with benzamycine?? it sounds like it takes a while to work (4 to 6 weeks).

Please be realistic...you don't expect immediate effects either on any topicals or any oral therapy. I used benzamycin n i see results in about over a month later. Give yourself two months and make sure you don't skip your routine. However of course you should stop immediately if you realise you are allergic to that product such as EXCESSIVE redness,itchiness,etc.and note that i say excessive....hope all these help.

i am fine with it taking some time. just wanted to know if anyone had any positive results. do you use retina or anything else or just benzamycin?? has anyone just took erthromycin by itself?? and how did that work out?? i want to ask for something i have never been on that has worked for others. my opinion is if it worked for someone else it is very likely it will work for me. no point in creating the wheel, when you can just borrow it from someone else.

my deteratolist isn't all that good. i have to tell him what i want to take, so i want to go in thursday with some options.

benzaclin is more or less the same, just has a smaller percentage of the ingredient enthromycin (i think thats what its called), which stops bacteria spreading.

matt,before i start dishing out advice to u...let me apologise for the misunderstanding u seem to have...my previous post of asking someone to be realistic was targetted at the threadstarter,not u smile.gif

now i am of the same age as you and my face got better with the following treatment...u can tell ur doc to prescribe u these to try.

oral antiobiotics -erythromycin 250mg tablets,take two tablets(500mg) per time.Take twice per day after food and preferably always at the same timing,for example if u take it at 11am and 7pm,make sure u do tat thru out the course. side effect to note is u might have diarrhea when u take this antibiotics.

apply benzamycin 10mins after u wash with a gentle cleanser(me using Glyderm aha gentle cleanser,it's cheap and it got aha which can exfoliate your old skin).then apply moisturiser of sunscree 10mins after the benzamycin or else u gonna see white dry patches on your face(guaranteed!)

At night i follow the same regimen except that i use a different moisturiser....a night moisturiser which contains aha as well....glyderm lotion 5.you are lucky if u r an american coz this stuff is from there and i actually live in SINGAPORE...i have to fly them IN or choose to buy them from my doc whom introduced me to this product to me in the first place but i realised she's actually overcharging me so much when i did a check of this Glyderm in the net sad.gif

the doc gave me doxycyclene. he said it worked better/more frequently than erythromycin/benzamycin. he told me to use tazarec (sp??) at night, bp in the morning (if my face could handle it),and one doxycylene daily. he said doxycylene should work fairly quickly (a week or two). i guess we'll find out. i asked about acutane and he laughed and changed the subject. i told him i ain't use to having acne and i have tried pretty much everything he has prescribed. oh well. i'll try this one as well for six weeks and see if it helps. if i knew something was going to work, it would be easier to be patient.

Benzaclin is a lot better. Although the only thing i dont like about it is that it leaves me with these temporary darking of the skin where i apply it, maybe because im ligh brownish. Anybody had a similar experience?

to matt- doxy may indeed helps and as i've said,no one can say if this antibiotics helps or not till u tried it and six weeks is not a very long time to see it's efficacy...i suggest trying at least for 2 months.and if doxy dun helps,no point taking tetra since they belong to same family,ask for erythromycin then. if still dun help,try mino as from this forum,it seems to work for many ppl with the disadvantage in it's more expensive compared to other antibiotic.

one thing i dun understand,u saying ur doc asked u to use BP in morning...as in oxy cream?or bp wash?reports have shown that Benzamycin works a lot better since it's a combination of BP n erythromycin. Tarzoac i have nv tried b4 but there are mixed results if u run a search on this forum but one thing for sure...this thing will give u initial outbreak for at least a few weeks....it's like consuming poison to cure your present illness so if u see urself getting more pimples...i wonder if u can judge whether is it coz the doxy is not working or is it coz of the tarzoac's initial outbreak that's causing it.