Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zeeblo

Don't let the shampoo get on your face! (Shower)

Everyone, DON'T let the shampoo or conditioner get to your face or forehead when you take a shower!! I mean it! If you do let some go on your forehead, you will get lots of whiteheads in a few hours or the day after.. It happened to me today.. the shower was occupied so i decided to wash my hair in the sink and all the shampoo and conditioner got to my forehead and it became itchy throughout the day and theres was a bunch of whiteheads! sad.gif

I advise you all to keep the shampoo and conditioner off your face/forehead to AVOID whiteheads and additional pimples!

thats never happend 2 me, cos i wash with cleanser again after washing my hair. is ur skin really sensitive? n does it dry out really easily? cos the shampoo might be making it dry out or something.

I'm not sure if its the shampoo but its night time now and my head and other parts of my face are itchy and whiteheads are coming everywhere! sad.gif Piece of shit shampoo, i'm gonna kill it!

I try to avoid getting shampoo on my face or wash my face afterwards, but I started noticing that shampoo with fruit oil or acid will give me the biggest zits. I'm talking quarter sized and raised up. I looked like I'd run into a tree. It also left a pretty big indention. Examples of the ones that caused it:

Garnier Nutrisse

Nexxus Assure and Ensure

I also have to be careful with my bodywash. Any Dove wash tends to break me out but Softsoap doesn't.

You must have broken out because you're allergic to something in that brand. I've read articles on a certain chemical put in hair products that are harmful and cause it more. Supposedly the best one with the lowest amount of this chemical is Thermasilk. I use that hairspray and mousse, but I like the Loreal volumizing shampoo and conditioner and it doesn't cause me to break out.

Like you hyzenthflay7, Garnier Nutrisse causes it for me too.. right around my hairline.