Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaryTheres

Using Vinegar After Smoothbeam

Does anyone know how soon after getting a smoothbeam treatment I can continue using the vinegar method????

Franky, what do you do?

Hi Mary,

Do you have any laser marks or bruises from the procedure?

If not, then i would say its ok. If there are laser marks (which i feel is a good thing) chances are they would probably scab up a little with vinegar (which isn't a bad thing either).

Hope this helps.

Max, thanks so much for answering. I do have laser marks - I wish they'd go away. Not as bad as the day of but still some lingering. I put vinegar on an it seemed to inflame everything.... but I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing though I sre am tird of looking ugly. I suppose I'll lay off the vinegar for a few days..

Be gentle to your skin after the laser! I put on some benzoyl peroxide and i think it irritated my skin even more. I am just washing it gently and tying to leave it alone to heal. Like I said Mary, don't feel discouraged. It sounds like your scaring isn't as bad as mine :D so you should see improvement before I did (which was a very small amount after my third treatment). I doubt you will see much of anything until after a few weeks after your second treatment. This is not an instant fix since it works beneath the surface of the skin. After my SB treatments I am going to wait a couple months and then look into having the Erbium laser resurfacing to help get rid of the red marks and discolorations and maybe even improve my deeper scars that the SB couldn't help.

JJp007, Thanks - okay I'll be more gentle kinda learned that the hard way #-o .... but thanks for your reminding me not to get discouraged sometimes ya just need to hear it again, ya know? Just so hard spending so much money without seeing results... it's hard to be patient.....

My husband is a little upset over the money so it HAS to work .. He's understanding and supportive (as much as he can be) but he's wary since it is such a new treatment.... of course he has the luxury of being wary it's not HIS face, it's mine. 8-[ but you are seeing improvement sooooo I have hope (for now)

My husband is a little upset over the money so it HAS to work .. He's understanding and supportive (as much as he can be)

Did your husband marry you with the acne/scars or did you develop this after your marriage.

Will,

he married me before the scars. well actually that's not true I got one of my scars about 6 months before we married. He never noticed it until I pointed it out to him after we were married. But when we first started dating I had moderate acne. He didn't care about it at all. Then I cleared it all up (our summers together I was totally clear) In the winter, I usually had acne. The other scars are very very recent - they are only about three months old. He's really great and seems to love me a great deal - even though I can't figure out how he can stand to look at me without makeup...... :D It's just that we are looking to buy a house and $2200 cuts into our downpayment. He's just concerned that the treatment wll not work and the $2200 will be wasted. But he knows how much pain I am in so if it wokrs he thnks it is money well spent - f it doesn't then.....

Well thats more good news. If I remember correctly my doctor told me that the newer the scars were the more the Smoothbeam would help! It sounds like you have a great husband. Good luck saving for the house and the Smoothbeam! :D/