Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sad tomato

Cheap solutions for healing scars

Hello, it's me again with another mini breakthrough that might help some of you like it helped me. I got on a home page that talked about home remedies for acne, and I tried a couple. One said to douse a cottonball in white vinegar and dab it on, and that was ok. The next day I used the other one that said to dab mint juice on them. It tingled and took my nail polish off at the same time. I thought "Holy crap. Look at my nails. What's it doing to my SKIN?" The next morning, I was all dried up. So of course, you know me, I picked the flakes off. Innocently on my behalf, it was dead skin. Mostly. I just can't keep my hands off myself! :) Anyway, amidst my guilt, I put Neosporin on it. You always see those commercials about how the kids scrape their knee, mom doesn't want them to have scars, blah blah blah. And once again, my scars are less noticeable. 'Til next time.

I'm a little confused( he he it doesn't take much) Did you put mint juice and lemon juice on scars or active acne....what is minimizing your scars? just curious...thank you

amy

u apply neosporin after u pick ur face, or when ur acne starts to fade away.. it prevents it from scarring..

however, it may scar, but it leaves light mark, and that'll eventually fade.

i use to squeeze the pimples, and it leaves a hole on my skin, so i apply neosporin, to close the hole and it heals by preventing scarring..

works well!

Neosporin is also helping most all of my red marks to fade....they have been there for years so I am really happy to see them go =) I also use witchhazel right before I apply the neosporin.

I follow the same routine morning and night..I cleanse with oil of olay cleanser with micro beads (the spa insisted on microbeads) then I apply witchhazel all over my face, after that soaks in and dries I apply neosporin Cream in the morning (not greasy under my makeup) and the only difference is at Night I apply the ointment. I still have some marks but my face is looking better than it has in YEARS. Thank GOD for this spa who led me in the right direction! :D/

I follow the same routine morning and night..I cleanse with oil of olay cleanser with micro beads (the spa insisted on microbeads) then I apply witchhazel all over my face, after that soaks in and dries I apply neosporin Cream in the morning (not greasy under my makeup) and the only difference is at Night I apply the ointment.

Jenn,

Where did you get this regimen idea from? The spa? I was reading the back of the neosporin tube and it says that you should not use this on large areas and you should see a doctor if you use it more than a week. Do you know anyone else that has had success with this tx.

:-k

Hi sixofnine...yes I got this routine from a dayspa that specializes in skin care....the owner is young, 28 I think and has been involved with skin care since she started breaking out at age 11....her mom teamed up with her to help her find a solution and she traveled to different countries looking for solutions to her acne, by 16 she was a licensed esthetician (sp?) and the rest is history...her skin now is FLAWLESS and a lot of the products she sells there are from sweden....but she tries to keep the cost down and recommends what works and not just what will make her a quick buck (she never even mentioned buying her products because she said the neosporin would work well and there was no need to spend more money than necessary) I researched her and saw her on Good Day Live twice before I called and made an appointment. I think that neosporin in general is used on wounds that need to heal and help from scarring...maybe that is why the tube says to see a Dr. if you are using longer than a week or on a large area....wounds that persist or are large in area Would need to see a Dr...however I have been seeing a dermatologist for over two years, he is very qualified and he even trained at the Mayo clinic and after once a month visits for over 2 years and applying 2 meds am and pm for 2 years (about 60$ a tube) my skin looked Maybe 30% better..MAYBE....after one visit at the spa and a month later my skin has improved at least that much if not more..I would honestly say 45 to 50% more....I get comments all the time now...I finally feel like it's not the first thing people notice about me, if they notice at all...I TRULY believed there was no real cure and I would never fully be rid of it....now I really really have hope again...I already feel like I am mostly rid of it because make up now hides it which was NOT the case before.....I don't know if it will work for everyone.....my friend was given the same advice when she went there (but Was told to use their cleanser) and she has seen good improvement too BUT she does not apply the neosporin faithfully so I don't know if her results would be really good if she did.....I do know it is working for me and I have had no bad effects at all. HTH

Hey I found a bit of info on mint juice (mainly used in drinks) at holisticonline.com. Says it can help clear skin and prevent dryness etc...

Probably could be found at a liquor store.

Hello bluetonic, how long does it take for the neosporin to heal the holes? Which neosporin are you using?

Neosporin is just a triple antibiotic ointment. I think others may be similar. This is just the brand. Probably could be purchased at any drug store in the first aid section.

Jennz- Does the Neosporin Cream cause your face to get shiny at all or anything? Just curious b/c I'm getting to the point where I can go without makeup sometimes.

To Jennz:

Is your regimen for scar reduction, or clearing up acne, or both?

I have slight acne and scarring and would like to get rid of both. I'm thinking about trying your routine. Thanks.