Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kayleigh

i just can't get my makeup to come off

i have mmu from corycosmetics and whenever i try to take it off i have to practically scrape my face off to get the stuff off ....i have really sensitve skin and i use cetphil gental cleanser to clean.. that does NOTHING to help get the makeup off..... i have tried putting vaseline on my face b4 i wash it and trying to rub it off wth that... that seems to help a bit... but my skin gets REALLY irritated with all that rubbing.. it turns bright red and stays that way for at least 2 hours!!... does anyone kno of a really gental way to take stubborn makeup off??

thanx eusa_clap.gif

i use the difficult to budge foundation and powders too, so my routine is Estee Lauder Total Makeup Remover <im sure any of these makeup removers with oil base to it are fine too>, and then this soap cleanser called Oripan soap <its a Korean brand but its like a white herbal soap> that does the trick for me...u can probably search for it online if you're interested.

you know what the soap and water thing is true.

cetaphil does jack shit....in fact most of the 'gental cleansers' are rather useless, so i've resorted t soap and water as well. eusa_angel.gif

Guest TylerD

I use Dove soap and water and then baking soda and my makeup comes off real easy.

Try Estee Lauder take it away makeup remover, it disintigrates the makeup and then you can just tissue it off or wipe it away with warm water. It gets off even the most toughest/heavy coverage foundatioms/concealers such as Estee Lauder doublewear foundation and you don't need to scrub to get it off.

I find it difficult to get makeup off with soap and water cos u have to scrub at your face to get it all off and that can't be doing your skin any good. Plus by pulling your face your tearing the skin.

When I used Revlon Colorstay Makeup, I had this problem. I didn't feel like I was getting all the makeup off with all my cleansers. Since I applied it with a sponge, I thought if I can get this sponge clean with anything, I will know it is working on my skin. I tired lots of cleansers. The best one was Burts Bees Tomato Soap. I have used it ever since, even after I changed makeup. biggrin.gif

if your makeup doesnt come off easily imagine what sort of nasty ingredients give it this kind of semi-permanant power?

its is not good for your face to be using this type of makeup let alone the heavy-duty cleansers to get it off!

revlon colorstay is like paint, i would never go near this stuff it is like the most evilest of all, its extreme pore clogging!

Try Neutrogena makeup removing clothes. You can use as many as you like until it all comes off. Out of curiosity, what kind of makeup do you use? I'd suggest you switch brands, considering the fact that vaseline can't even take it off.