Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marvin

In all honesty does this seem weird?

anyways, your telling this to people who have acne, hows that supposed to make everyone feel! if a lad i liked didnt like me because of acne, id be glad to have nothing to do with him, cos its VERY shallow. acne hasnt turned you into a very nice person at all.

Basically, i've had some acne problem since i was about 16 and i'm now totally clear at the young, tender, ripe age of 21. Sticking with Dan's regimen was a total success and i don't know how i would look or how bad my acne would have gotten if i hadn't used his highly successful bp cream. Anyways, i feel so liberated and free like there's a huge weight off of my shoulders. I'm now social, confident, happy with my life its just incredible. With acne i was just very depressed, sad, suicidal, confined. I feel like i've pulled a complete 180. Its marvellous and my excitement just seems so surreal.

Anyways, recently i have been feeling kind of strange around people with acne. For some odd and apparent reason, it seems i have total disgust with anyone with acne on their face, back, neck. It has gotten to the point where i won't even talk with anyone with acne. I've been really rude to this girl at my school who seems to have a crush on me. I know its not right but i just totally ignore her or make a useless comment and say something like "wash your face". i feel like the only way to totally shun out acne is to not come in contact with anyone with it. i just can't stand the sight of people with acne even though i once was plagued with it.

is this normal?

yeh, something like that would have killed my confidence. when my teeth were a bit crooked b4 i had a brace, a lad i liked said somethin thoughtless n horrible about my teeth, n iv always remembered it. it made me really paranoid about my teeth and after that i had it in my head that noone would like me cos of my teeth. now i realise that wasnt true, n this lad was just a shallow, horrible person n i was better off not knowin him any better.

A-ha- eusa_naughty.gif BP is one of the few treatments that you won't get resistant to- another reason why i love the regimen! wub.gif lol

don't get me wrong everyone, i'm a nice guy but i just feel repulsed by anything that is acne related. i just feel as if it could come back and even though i still continue my regimen and my skin is continuing to stay clear i'm just like ughhhh... ewwwwww... if i see people with acne. i don't want to seem like i'm painting a bad picture of myself so to speak but thats what i'm feeling. i really don't think i intended it to come out as blunt when i asked that girl to wash her face but the horrors of my past acne sufferings just got the better of me.

i can see how superficial i sound. i'm only interested in dating girls with absolutely baby soft skin. at school there's a lot of instances where we have to work in group settings and when there's peers that have significant acne i just get all flustered and don't even want to talk with them. is this some sort of post acne condition that i dont know about? honestly, would rather not be in any contact with people with acne. i just feel bad because i once had acne and people probably felt the same way. i just feel damn relieved that the people with acne have it and i don't anymore. its probably the most beautiful feeling knowing someone else is dealing with acne and i don't have to anymore.

what do you think?

A-ha-  eusa_naughty.gif BP is one of the few treatments that you won't get resistant to- another reason why i love the regimen! wub.gif lol

Basically, i've had some acne problem since i was about 16 and i'm now totally clear at the young, tender, ripe age of 21. Sticking with Dan's regimen was a total success and i don't know how i would look or how bad my acne would have gotten if i hadn't used his highly successful bp cream. Anyways, i feel so liberated and free like there's a huge weight off of my shoulders. I'm now social, confident, happy with my life its just incredible. With acne i was just very depressed, sad, suicidal, confined. I feel like i've pulled a complete 180. Its marvellous and my excitement just seems so surreal.

Anyways, recently i have been feeling kind of strange around people with acne. For some odd and apparent reason, it seems i have total disgust with anyone with acne on their face, back, neck. It has gotten to the point where i won't even talk with anyone with acne. I've been really rude to this girl at my school who seems to have a crush on me. I know its not right but i just totally ignore her or make a useless comment and say something like "wash your face". i feel like the only way to totally shun out acne is to not come in contact with anyone with it. i just can't stand the sight of people with acne even though i once was plagued with it.

is this normal?

don't get me wrong everyone, i'm a nice guy but i just feel repulsed by anything that is acne related. i just feel as if it could come back and even though i still continue my regimen and my skin is continuing to stay clear i'm just like ughhhh... ewwwwww... if i see people with acne. i don't want to seem like i'm painting a bad picture of myself so to speak but thats what i'm feeling. i really don't think i intended it to come out as blunt when i asked that girl to wash her face but the horrors of my past acne sufferings just got the better of me.

i can see how superficial i sound. i'm only interested in dating girls with absolutely baby soft skin. at school there's a lot of instances where we have to work in group settings and when there's peers that have significant acne i just get all flustered and don't even want to talk with them. is this some sort of post acne condition that i dont know about? honestly, would rather not be in any contact with people with acne. i just feel bad because i once had acne and people probably felt the same way. i just feel damn relieved that the people with acne have it and i don't anymore. its probably the most beautiful feeling knowing someone else is dealing with acne and i don't have to anymore.

what do you think?

shock.gif

I think thats awful! Most people here developed acne in their teens; I have had it since i was 8 or 9 and am 17 now. I had to ALL the way through school having to put up with people saying things like that, and I put it down to where it came from every single time; the PLASTICS and FAKES. I just cant believe someone who suffered can then turn around and think that, maybe you ought to seek professional help.

Please try change your attitude, I dont think that was a wise thing to post on a forum for people trying to get through daily life with acne as good as normal, in fact im quite angered by your post.

Vanessa evil.gif

I instantly thought this post was a joke, but the poster has over 90 posts, so apparently it may not be.

I'm trying to understand his mindset.. Like when I really got into fitness and started dieting and getting in great shape, I looked at fat as a weakness and 'pathetic' more than before. Like someone who could barely walk or couldn't stand up without a walker completely disgusted me. I would think "how could they do that to themselves, be a burden like that to their family, just be so weak .. , its so pathetic.. " as if it angered me.

I would never call them fat to their face though or be as remotely rude as that. And when I'd hear that they had a predesposition to being fat while watching them eating mcdonalds at the same time, it just pissed me off more.

But when it comes to acne, I know it is something that has so many variables and no matter what you do or how healthy you are, you can still be plagued by this. You can have all the ambition in the world and do everything you possibly can to get rid of acne but it can still plague you. I'm relatively clear right now because i found a good combination for myself (So lucky).. and when I see people with acne I feel so much sympathy for them.. I feel so much closer to them.

People who are too weak minded to fix their problems disgust me, people who have problems that can plague you no matter how much discipline you have, have my utmost regards.

My girlfriend has acne and I love her for it. She has an awesome body and she does her hair every day, and when she wears make up you can't see it that well. I know she tries her hardest, and that's all I can ask of her, and she's gorgeous regardless because she tries. Effort is all that is important to me. When you respect yourself others will respect you, and potentially a whole lot more. The most attractive thing to me is self discipline I realize.

What I'm getting at is after trying to understand your mindset.. mocking someone for an issue that is uncontrollable to so many is like laughing at a quadriplegic.. where is the fucking class in that. That is just sick and repulsive. How dare you..

I respect you for being honest though about your feelings.

Guest jollajolla

if anything, i'm more sympathetic.

what do you think?

That is THE ugliest thing I have ever heard...

What a see you next tuesday this clown is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as superficial as they come, I don't chase after girls that are 5 pounds overweight or have pimples, that's a matter of taste. However, the fact that you won't talk to somebody who has acne shows how little character you have. It's just friendly conversation, nobody is asking you to lick their sebum. At least I'm not. Unless you just want to, in which case it's cool. But you don't have to, if you don't want. But I wouldn't care if you did, but you totally don't have to.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as superficial as they come, I don't chase after girls that are 5 pounds overweight or have pimples, that's a matter of taste.  However, the fact that you won't talk to somebody who has acne shows how little character you have.  It's just friendly conversation, nobody is asking you to lick their sebum.  At least I'm not.  Unless you just want to, in which case it's cool.  But you don't have to, if you don't want.  But I wouldn't care if you did, but you totally don't have to.

I won't say if it's normal or not, because who is to say what normal really is anyway? But I just think it's a pity that you would react like this towards other people who are suffering from what you used to be "plagued with." I would have expected a person to learn sympathy and to be understanding at least, for we should be able to learn to feel other's pain as we have gone through it ourselves. This disgust may also be remnants left over from your self-hate during the period when you were inflicted by acne, that is being channeled towards others.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as superficial as they come, I don't chase after girls that are 5 pounds overweight or have pimples, that's a matter of taste.  However, the fact that you won't talk to somebody who has acne shows how little character you have.  It's just friendly conversation, nobody is asking you to lick their sebum.  At least I'm not.  Unless you just want to, in which case it's cool.  But you don't have to, if you don't want.  But I wouldn't care if you did, but you totally don't have to.

hehe..you are pretty funny...At least you are honest with yourself, but yes, that is very supperficial. Were you ever able to look past the physical appearance once you got to know a girl, and perhaps started liking her for her other attributes? I understand having certain looks we are all atracted to or find sexy, but putting such specific, narrow borders is a bit too much for me.

hehe..you are pretty funny...At least you are honest with yourself, but yes, that is very supperficial. Were you ever able to look past the physical appearance once you got to know a girl, and perhaps started liking her for her other attributes? I understand having certain looks we are all atracted to or find sexy, but putting such specific, narrow borders is a bit too much for me.