Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LAET

Scar origin: does it make a difference?

I'm wondering if scars should be treated according to their origin. For instance, I have some keloid type scars which are secondary scars due to laser, and rolling type also due to laser. Meaning before I got the laser done, I did not have the scars!! So that in mind, should those scars be treated differently than someone who also has the same kind of scars, but resultedly from acne alone and not due to an invasive procedure? Does that make any sense?? Does that make a difference, and does anyone have the answer to my question?

I am not sure what the dr.s have to say about this but I think that burn scars react differently than other scars, something about lack of oxygen maybe? Probably not the info you are looking for but I hate to see a topic flounder.

I believe that the origin of the scar is not as important as the type of scar. The type of scar dictates the type of treatment necessary. The origin of the scar does not always yield the same type of scar in different people (i.e. a cyst may leave an icepick in some people and a boxcar in others, or two different cysts in the same person may yield different scars).