Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Claud-lili~@

Onions makes your face Break out

Guest agentx

onion, if anything, could be good to your skin cuz it has antibacterial stuff in it.

CheerS!

But i did actually hear or read that iodine in very large amounts provokes acne.

but probably, you'd have to eat kilos a day to overdose the iodine present naturally in onions

the other thing i know is that many leading creams dealing with scars contain onion extract fluids, so onion may be good for scars...

Onions are good against candida, and if you're blood type o like I am, keep eating them in olive oil or something. Oh, and (if you are type o), eat tons of beef and animal protein. I ate 4 eggs and 200g of beef today (after months of vegetarianism) and my skin cleared up within hours. Seriously. My zits got way smaller, my skin feels right, red spots have disappeared, ...

Just don't combine animal protein with other proteins and don't eat fruit for a week.

(it's actually the paleo diet without fruit and nuts :D)

I am going to move this to the Nutrition and Holistic Health forum because this has nothing to do with prescription acne medications.

Onions are good against candida, and if you're blood type o like I am, keep eating them in olive oil or something. Oh, and (if you are type o), eat tons of beef and animal protein. I ate 4 eggs and 200g of beef today (after months of vegetarianism) and my skin cleared up within hours. Seriously. My zits got way smaller, my skin feels right, red spots have disappeared, ...

Just don't combine animal protein with other proteins and don't eat fruit for a week.

(it's actually the paleo diet without fruit and nuts :D)

That blood type thing is never proven... You are probably refering to the blood type diet right? (o=paleo ...=vegetarian etc)

nonetheless onions are great foods. I would eat them regularly unless they give you gas. (they do for me but I time them so they wont give me problems around other ppl)

Edited by joris

onions help clean and alkalize blood, so they're good unless you're allergic or something

onions help clean and alkalize blood, so they're good unless you're allergic or something

I think onions also give me gas, i know the make my breath reek.

I'm pretty sure they give me digestive problems but not sure if this is related to skin probelms. I know raw onions mess with me bad for sure.

A possible mechanism for them making your skin worse is through malabsorbtion as they are high in fructans. Ie a Fructose malabsorbtion hypothesis type thing.

Your body can only absorb so much fructose/fructans, the amounts differs for every person, if you do malabsorb [depending on god knows what factors] this provides substrate for rapid bacterial fermentation which can lead to decreased absorbtion of nutrients such as tryptophan, zinc and others which may be related to the process of acne formation.

Ie it is possible, in theory, for onions to make you break out.

Yes onions can give you acne if you have an allergy/food sensitivity/intolerance to them. Get a blood test done by an allergist to find out what you can and can't eat.

Edit: just realized this thread is from 2003 :lol:

Edited by jab2002

If you have an intolerance than you should avoid them, but otherwise they are very beneficial due to the reasons posted above and their sulfur content which is beneficial for liver function and is anti-inflammatory.

Personally, I find iodine breaks me out - and onions contain iodine so I avoid them.

Hope this helps