Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vetmed2006

Log of Dan's Regimen

Hi everybody! I have been reading on these boards, but not posting, for quite some time. I read about Dan's regimen several months ago, and decided that it sounded too easy and too good to be true and couldn't possbily work.

A little about myself: I am a 28 year old female, will be 29 next month. I have had moderate acne on my face, chest, and back since I was about 12 years old. There has never been a time in my life where I have been completely acne free. Well, just this last September, I started veterinary school, and I don't know if it was the stress of moving 350 miles from home, homesickness, the fact that school is hard...whatever...but I began the worst breakouts of my life. I started getting acne all over my neck, which is something I'd never experienced before. It is all across my jawline, and around onto the back of my neck too, in addition to my regular face and back problems. Just like everyone, I've tried everything short of Accutane (just scares me).

I started to feel desperate right around April because my sister got engaged and I am her maid of honor. We went to try on the dresses, and I felt like crying because if I don't get rid of this acne, I am going to be so ugly in her wedding.

So last Monday night a came across Dan's regimen again, and decided to give it a go. I have 2.5% Proactiv cream left over from that failed experience, and I had a mild bar soap. I thought to myself that if my face really broke out by the next morning or something, I could quit the regimen.

What I use:

Purpose Bar to gently wash with hands

Wait 15 minutes

Apply lots of BP to face, neck, chest, and what I can reach on my back

Wait 5-15 minutes

Apply Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer

(I have used BP several times in the past with no ill effects, so I decided to jump right in)

Day 1 (morning after first treatment): I thought that my skin looked better, but was not sure if I was imagining it. No new pimples, no drying. I decided to follow the regimen to a "T" and get the recommended Purpose soap, but was absolutely unable to get to the store, so I used my own mild soap once again.

Day 2: No new pimples, and only a little bit of drying. Went tonight to get the Purpose bar, so used in the PM treatment. Overall, very happy.

Day 3: A little road bump, because I started with a lot of BP. My skin is really tight and is burning after the treatments. This is not something that I can't deal with, however, and I will not change anything. Only one teeny, tiny minascule pimple on my chin.

Day 4: Still burning, but it's working. Today I have one pimple on my neck (the first semi-big pimple since I started the regimen). Can't really complain...I can tell it's not cystic, and will go away soon. The rest of my face looks nothing short of fabulous. This is the most clear I have ever been in my life.

I will keep updating!

Thanks!

Ann

Yeha, Dan's regimen is very good. The best effects will take part after 2 weeks, when your skin will get use of BP, and when your present cysts will heal. The best follows :D

Hey there,

Day 5:

No new pimples, and the one on my neck is disappearing fast. I am pretty dry all over, but it's nothing the moisturizer can't take care of. The fairly intense stinging I had on days 3 and 4 is all but gone. It truly can't believe this is working so well. Nothing I've ever tried has had me this clear, and I just can't believe how my skin looked 6 days ago. It's a miracle....I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and my skin actually is starting to look beautiful...I never thought I'd ever, EVER say that. Honest to God.....I could almost cry. If Dan was here, I would kiss him!

Ann

I'm so happy for you !! :D/

I've experienced almost 100% clearing in less than 1 week on it !

The 3rd day of BP ( at 4%) resulted in extreme dryness and flaking.

I used very small amounts... only continued another 2 days before stopping the BP. My skin had been a mess since Feb, I wasn't going to be able to see my derm 'til Sept..... even though last year with the same problem - he couldn't help me. Changed my birth control pills, no difference.

I was skeptic as well, and thought before I was going to attack my face with a harsh scrub with a facecloth, I'd give it a try- no regrets :lol:/

I think Dan is such a great guy to have posted his regimen here, making the difference in many peoples lives !!! Way to go Dan, I'd kiss him too !!

:D:D:D

Hey there,

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm glad to hear you're having success as well.

Day 5 pm:

Alright, not bad, except that I'm getting a pimple at about 4 o'clock to on the right side of my face just below my lips. Hmph. OK, so I'm gonna load it up with BP tonight and see how it looks in the morning.

Also, a confession: I was very bad and went at a few of the "lumps" on my neck, and removed some old pus from them. I know that this is a no-no, but I have never been prone to scarring from squeezing and I want them to go away faster. They always seem to go away faster when the gunk is gone. Bad, bad, bad, bad girl... [-X The interesting thing is that right now, I can't even tell that I messed with them, and the gunk was much easier to remove than usual. I think it's because of the regimen.

One of my biggest hurdles will be keeping my hands off of my face. I can just say that I have been damn lucky that I do not scar easily, or my face would be a wreck. I also have to take Dan's advice and be nice to my skin. I wanted so badly to rub a little at it while in the shower to remove some dead skin, but I stopped myself. ARGH! Overall, still very happy.

Ann

i started the regimen a week ago, and i have noticed a difference, but i'm afraid it's gonna come back, it alwways does. please keep us updated on how it goes... does your skin dry up extremely bad like mine? i'm using purpose bar cleanser, neutrogena moisturizer/SPF 15, and the BP 2.5%

So far, so good besides the excessive drying. :oops:

I've been doing the regimine for a week now. I am 35 & have battled acne since age 12 (face, chest & back). It got really bad again after I stopped taking the pill. It seemed like the acne was attacking what I call "virgin" skin on my face, and ,u back was a disaster area. I was getting zits in places where I had never gotten them before. I tried tetracycline and cleocin T since that is what had helped me in the past. No luck. ](*,) I stumbeld on this site & I was skeptical to be sure. However, I was willing to try the regimine because it was so inexpensive & it seemed to make sense.

I LOVE Dan right now! All the acne on my jawline is gone! My back is improving daily. I still have trouble stopping myself from going after the blackheads. Mine are small, but I can see them up close in the mirror. Anyway, I have to say that I have spread the word to my friends about this BP treatment. Here's what I use (2 X per day):

Cetaphil cleanser (with hands)

Neutragena 2.5 % BP on face

10% BP on back & chest

Cetaphil moisturizer on face

Hey guys,

Good to hear everyone talking about their positive results with the regimen. I think that long-term/permanent success is very possible.

Yes, I am pretty dry, and there are times that I just want to scratch my face off...but I am not willing to change anything because of it. I just have to make sure that I use enough moisturizer. Oh, and tonight I did something a little different and I think it helped:

While my face was drying for 15 minutes, before the BP treatment, I moved my mouth around, so that my lip area dried with my mouth in motion. Make any sense? That way it wasn't drying with my mouth closed, and it seemed to lessen the crackly feeling I got when I opened my mouth after the regimen. Because it seems to me that it is the mouth area that drives me wacko the most.

A PLEDGE: I am making a pledge as of now to keep my hands off my face. I will be honest and post a message letting everyone know whenever I break my pledge...I will use you guys to keep me honest. O:) Holy good-grief, it's hard!

Best of luck to everyone who's starting the regimen right now. If this stuff can clear me in the middle of finals, I have nothing to worry about! (Except finals, LOL!)

Ann

Keep yourself busy and you will never touch your face.

But if youre job consists of computer work at the pc screen, you may start to pick.

best of luck to everybody.

For me, If I stay busy by reading a book, or listening to a cd, my mind will drift from how my face is, and ill get deeper into the book and not really worry about anything.

AT work it can be tough because you really dont have that freedom.

Keeping hands off the face.....I've taught myself over the years that putting hands to the face is a definite no. Just pick one spot and let your hands go to it ..do what you want....make sure you have not washed your hands before.....watch that exact same area break out in ~ 2days if not less !

You have to work on it for awhile and soon when you bring your hands to your face you'll catch it......just think of all that bacteria on your fingers , waiting to get into your pores =;

Something that will help with peeling/tightness is the tape method on the scar forum--

http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=1320

I remember starting the regimen a week after valentines day. My face was so tight i couldnt smile. It took more than 2 months for my skin to quit peeling and feeling tight. Good luck and be patient :D

~Trin

how long does it take to achieve total clearing? i'm still getting at least 1-2 new blemishes a day. i know i should be patient and i am trying. i just wanted to get a general idea of how long i should wait until i expect clearing results :!: weeks:?: months:?: Please let me know of your personal experiences- those of you who have been on the regimen awhile, and dedicated to it

Hi to everyone,

Day 6 am:

Thanks for all the tips about the touching of the face issue. I find that I do it either:

Without realizing it, or:

When I am feeling stressed about something, like an exam.

Having very little there to actually pick definately helps.

So I was having the strangest dreams last night, about old jobs that I used to have, and talking with my dead grandmother (I miss her, she died last year, and we were very close :D ). So when I woke up, for some reason I was afraid to look at myself in the mirror because I thought I might have broken out again.....AND...

Nope, my skin still looks good! This morning, there is a lot less tightness in my face. I also did the tape thing like someone suggested...very cool! I will stick with doing that after washing and before my BP treatment.

The one pimple on my cheek is there, but a little smaller, and looks like it will not be coming to a head. The one on my neck is only a small red mark now. Neither one is any big deal. NO NEW PIMPLES ANYWHERE! Not on my face, chest, or back.

Thanks for all the help...everyone hang in there!

Ann

Hi Folks,

Day 7:

Can't believe it's already been a week! The difference is nothing short of a miracle! Last night I was pretty dry, and what I notice especially now is that I am a reptile on my neck. Now, last night I was developing a new zit on my neck, but the last two I've gotten are both on the neck, where I am just starting the drying out process, so I think the BP is working. My neck looks like a different neck than from a week ago. I have the one that tried to come last night, the one from day 5 that is going away very fast, and a couple of red marks that are fading more and more daily. This is AMAZING! On my face, I have the one healing from, I think day 4, but other than that, my face is clear!!! My back is also CLEAR!!!! So literally, I have one zit on my entire body. This has not been the case since the very first zit I ever got!!!

I kept my hands off my face all day yesterday....

Today I am going to try to help my reptile neck a little and do my BP, then put some 100% aloa vera on it. As for everything else, I'll carry on as usual.

Dan has changed my life in one week flat. There are no words.

Ann

Congrats! I experienced the same miracle clearing w/ this reg as well. What I read in this thread the caught me was your age & where the acne is concentrated. I am 29 and only thru this board realized my acne is hormonal. Hormonal acne tends to occur on the chin, jawline & neck.

While the regimen is the BOMB for topical therapy U might want to look into internal therapy as well. I use bcp's, but some will vary their diets, take B5, etc.

Welcome to the boards! namaste'

Hey there,

Interesting thought about the possibility of there being a hormonal cause. I have B5 (AcneRid) on its way in the mail, and will give that a go. I will see how my face and neck are when it gets here, but I may need to give my skin a little more time to adjust to the drying before trying to further dry it. It may be more than I can handle right now.

Ann

Hello,

Day 7 pm:

The BP seems to be keeping the pimple that wanted to show up last night at bay. It is smaller than last night. My skin looks really good: no new zits, and what was there is healing nicely. I mentioned this morning I was going to put aloa vera on my reptilian neck, which I did, and I think it helped. I skipped the aloe tonight, and just was extra generous with the moisturizer. Happy as a clam!

My computer does not have scanning capabilities, so I can't do pics, or I would. When I go home (in about a month, I will try to scare up some before pics...if any exist. I have been very good at avoiding cameras in my life. I'll see what I can find and I'll post some after pics, so you can get an idea of my progress.

I also have kept my hands, for the most part, off my face for the last two days. That is one habit I definately want to break for good!

People, if you're reading this and thinking about trying the regimen, DO IT! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I am getting my self-esteem back. Today I wore a shirt that I haven't worn since I can't remember because it has a scoop neck and back and I am always too broken out to wear it. The regimen has done more than I'd ever hoped. Don't be a dork like me and wait several months because it seems too good to be true. This is the real deal folks...it is what I've waited for for 16 years.

My mom is coming up to visit me this weekend, and she has not seen me in several weeks. I have not told her that I'm on the regimen because I want it to be a complete surprise and to see what she says. I'll let you guys know what she says...as that should be an excellent indicator of my progress to date.

Ann :D

Hey guys,

Day 8 am:

No new zits, and even more improvement! My face is really adjusting nicely to the BP. My neck will get there...it is still VERY dry. The tape method worked like a charm on my face today...can't wait 'til my neck gets better to try it there also.

My mood:

FABULOUS! :D

Ann

i hav a suggestion that may work for u, i use bp also and use mild soap, if u get a zit apply a whole lot esp. on the area where the zit is, i put about a size of a scew on a singe pimple, the next day it is always almost gone, the bp will totally dry it up bit it will itch a bit more than usual. u must sleep facing on ceiling or u may rub it off. dont forget to apply everywhere for prevention. i only use bp on evenings now coz im pretty clear right now. :D

OK, I need some advice. Yesterday afternoon my neck literally started to crack and fall off. I had to abort BP mission on my neck. 8-[

I have been treating intensely with moisturizer, but fear that I will lose the progress I've gained in that area. I think that this AM I will again skip the BP and only treat with moisturizer, but this PM I will put a little BP on, and amp up over the next few weeks again.

Advice?

Skin still looks good, just coming off in sheets. I am a forensic scientist's dream, shedding my DNA wherever I go.

Ann

OK guys,

Day 9:

Yesterday and today are not as good as my days have been. My severely pissed off neck was falling off in sheets, but the worst of that is over, and today I went back on the BP on my neck in smaller amounts. For the most part, the skin on my neck is smoother than before, but I have a couple of new pimples on my neck and jawline. Nothing I can't cover up easily though.

Overall: even with my neck a mess, I am still vastly improved over when I started. Yesterday and today was like one step forward, two steps back, but chest, back, and face are still good, and I have no doubts that I will get back on track and the BP will get things under control again!

Have a great day!

Ann

Alright guys:

Wanted to give you all a detailed update about what's going on with my skin and the regimen.

The BP seems to be forcing things to the surface. I am talking about bumps that have been underneath my skin for several months. This is especially happening on my neck. When I started breaking out on my neck last September, I noticed that not only were there big pimples, but there were bumps forming that never went anywhere. Now they are coming out, and the skin underneath where it peeled is smooth as a baby's you-know-what.

It has done a great job on my back and chest, with no adverse effects.

I think I am the only one reading this log, but that's ok, because it helps me to see progress also! :D

Ann

Ann, absolutely not! Keep up the great posts....i am going to try the Regimen for the first time shortly so it's great to see your detailed posts....

Cheers.