Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I made an appointment for a consultation with DR Rapaport in a couple of weeks. I had some microdermabrasion done a few years ago and I’m having my first glycolic peel next week. :D

I have seen Dr. Rapoport a couple of times and he decided that my scars were not appropriate for subcision because they are the small ice pick/enlarged pore variety (which are not bound down). He never mentioned the Korean TCA icepick scar treatment to me, but he might not have been doing it at the time. I would go back to him to ask about this treatment but I have not heard of anyone enjoying great success with it. (Has anyone?)

There are two pieces of good news with him. One is that if you are a good candidate for subcision he seems like the logical guy to go to. Two is that he seems conservative and will not push you into a treatment that might make things worse.

There are two pieces of bad news with him. One is that he is not a very sensitive person and doesn't spend much time with you (you get the feeling he wants to get out of the room as fast as possible--I've heard this from others). *Doctors seeing scarred patients should be more conscious of how difficult is to have scars.* They may try to have you looked at first by this younger doctor they have there who twice gave me hope by saying I'd be a good candidate for subcision (Rapaport came in later and said he was wrong and made me feel stupid for asking). Two is that his non-surgical suggestions (topicals) were rather bad and did not work at all (which only puts him in a category with most other doctors I've been to).

So, if he can help you, he will probably do a good job. I insisted on seeing his before and after subcision pics out of curiousity and they were very good. Except if you're not a good candidate for that, I don't know if he can really help you. And be prepared for the lack of personal warmth (don't take it personally, it's the norm).

Do me a favor please--can you see if he has before and after pics of the TCA icepick scar treatment yet? I would greatly appreciate that.

When are you going to see him?

Guest niko

Maybe its the soldier in me, but I personally would rather have a doctor who is all about delivering the goods. I don't want my doctor to feel sorry for me or need his shoulder to cry on. Its strictly business. It sounds to to me like he sets the bullshit aside and focuses on getting the job done.

Henry. I will be getting my first treatment done from dr rap after the summer when Ive saved up enough money for it. I believe I will be getting a good amount of tca done because I have hoards of large pores and small ice pick scars and he told me mostly tca for me with some subcision is what I'll need. So I will definatly be finding out first hand if tca does anything. I'll keep you informed down the road how it goes.

bornunderabadsign

Did he recommend N-lite as well as subcision and TCA? Did he recommend excision or tissue fillers at all?

Henry. I will be getting my first treatment done from dr rap after the summer when Ive saved up enough money for it. I believe I will be getting a good amount of tca done because I have hoards of large pores and small ice pick scars and he told me mostly tca for me with some subcision is what I'll need. So I will definatly be finding out first hand if tca does anything. I'll keep you informed down the road how it goes.

Thanks. Very much appreciated.

This is correspondence we had from a client who is presently receiving TCA and subcision (just started) from Dr Rappaport and needling from us-

I'm doing fine. Thanks for the email.

I can see about 40% improvemement from Needling. I will need to schedule another appoinment with Frank. Also, I've done one session of Smoothbeam. Smoothbeam will stimulate collegen. The TCA has given me about 50% - 60% improvement. But the spots where TCA was performed is still light pink.

He got 40% improvement in one service of needling and 50 - 60% with TCA after 4 services. I expect to hear more and I'll pass that on.

good luck imbue.

hopefully they'll have some encouraging before and afters to put your mind at ease and give some others of us a bit more hope.

keep us posted.