Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think it depends on your diet prior.

I mean if you are completely unhealthy I would never recommend that, but if say your pretty much raw you could do it but I wouldn't. I like food!!!

I pesonally think that drinking nothing but water for 10 days will do more harm than good. Say it does clear up your acne, it'll just come back.

10 days without anything but water sounds dangerous. I know you can do juice fasts that can give you some somstanance, but 10 whole days with no nutrients sounds really un-healthy.

As with anything that drastic I say talk to your doctor before taking such a big chance. I can't imagine how starving yourself could be good for any of your body including your skin.

I really doubt acne is caused by eating wink.gif.

However, it would'nt hurt to try going organic for a while and seeing if it helps your acne. It is possible that your acne is a reaction to a certain food, or additives and preservatives within foods. The key as with anything is to be sure you eat enough protien, carbs, and fats to stay healthy.

I recommend you try this product:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...325&refid=store

I don't sell this I just use it and it works great to deal with acne on a nutritional level.

Hope this helps!

don't do a water fast, or any other kind of fast. you probably have many underlying issues that need to be attended, and fasting will not cure them.

I fasted down to 9.5 stone (i'm normally 10.5 - 11) as I wanted to clense my body to see what foods and liquids were affecting me.

I'd say on general fasting is a good thing for the body, as long as you don't do it too often and don't loose too much weight, like i did.

Well I was thinking about water fasting for a week to see what happens........

eusa_think.gif

Has anyone tried fasting?

If so, can you tell me how it went.........

A week without food...................................................................You got to be crazy!

But to be honest I tried the 3 day apple fast,but I could only resist food for about 10hrs before I gave in. Where would you get energy from if you didnt eat for a week? I feel drained if I dont eat for a few hours, and im a skinny ass.

When I first read this topic,I was gona politely ask you to smack yourself

Twice.

Nah but on a serious note, be carefull man.

Peace smile.gif

10 day fast seems really harsh. don't do it. i was once told if you break out from a food your eating it's probably because you may have a allergy to that food. and no chocolate does not make you break out. same rule applies allergy to it. thats what i was told. if your trying to lose weight or clean up your system try green tea gum, it really worked for me.

My father fasts about 1-2 time a year, he really likes it.

Anyway these is a story that he likes to tell about a man that has done a lot of fasting:

He met this man who was really into fasting (I think his name was Paul Bragg) He fasted one time a week for 1 day, once a mouth for 3 days, once every 3 months for 10 days, and once a year for 30 days shock.gif ! He was REALLY healthy, he was 90-something and teaching a exercise class on the beach in Hawaii and my father had a hard time staying with him (my dad was in shape just got out of the Air Force, and was living in Hawaii, and ran a lot and was into fitness) Paul Bragg was 90-something when he died, he died when he was surfing, his surfboard hit him in the head. He was an amazing man. He has written a lot of books one good one is “The Miracle of fasting�