Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mike Hawk

Lonestar's Progress

UPDATE: 14 WEEKS INTO MODIFIED REGIMEN

IPB Image

I've noticed that most of the pictures I've taken were in the bathroom, where there's artificial lighting. I took a differente approach this time and took a pic next to my window, and my face suddenly looked totally different.... red marks in my cheeks.... bumps on my chin, and an oily upper lip. I guess that from now on I will continue taking pics like this so I can really tell what's going on.

(Oh, and yeah, I wear contacts if anyone was wondering what's that light blue thing in next to my eye).

UPDATE: 15 WEEKS INTO UPDATED REGIMEN

IPB Image

Pretty much clear skin.... forehead is greater than ever. There's the magic wonder: St. I'ves Gentle Apricot Scrub in the background next to the shampoo. Only one active pimple on chin.

Those are pretty small tiny bumps.. nothing to worry about, but I know you are worrying because you dont wanna break out again.. and yeah thats a scar.. not bad.. only one.. if its new it will probaly fill in on its own eventually

UPDATE: 17 1/2 WEEKS INTO UPDATED REGIMEN (AND AFTER FACIAL)

IPB Image

This pic is 30 mins after a facial... I really hope it works.

your face look great im in about 9 and hafe weeks on tazaric your really lucky you only had pimples on your chin and forhead or from what i saw there was nothing on your face any way im doing good on this hopefully clear by xmas or almost clear gl staying clear.

UPDATE: WEEKS 18-20 INTO UPDATED REGIMEN

This Christmas I went to Colorado... this was day one there:

IPB Image

I think that the cold weather made my red marks alot worse.

The next two weeks I went on and off with breakouts in my chin and upper lip... however my skin did clear up by the end of the second week.

I went to my derm and he recomended that I got off the minocycline slowly and start using the Nicomide again... which is what I'm going to do. I'll keep updating on that,

UPDATE: 21 WEEKS INTO UPDATED REGIMEN

IPB Image

Okay, so this is the last update before I start my new regimen without the minocycline... Basically a few active pimples and red marks on cheek. My left cheek is the same and my chin is getting a painfull, deep zit.

wow.. you came a LONG way man. COngrats on the excellent success!! My advice.. don't sweat the small stuff. You're face is PERFECT so just get out and enjoy it now :). Live life!!

MAJOR UPDATE:

I have revisited my dermatologist, and as I stated above, I will start a better, improved version of my regimen. I am basically coming off completely off the minocycline, and I’m starting to use the Nicomide again (I ran out about 4 months ago and I stopped taking it). I will continue with the St. Ive's Gentle Apricot Scrub every other night and I’m trying to use BP less frequently as I have been getting lots of clear skin lately. Here is the regimen:

Morning:

- Shower

- Wash face with cleanser

- Moisturize

- 1 pill of Nicomide with breakfast

Night:

- Shower

- St. Ive's Gentle Apricot Scrub (every other night, in shower)

- Wash face with cleanser (the nights I don't use the scrub)

- Shave (every other day, not with Apricot Scrub)

- Apply “Super Antifungal Cream� as after-shave

- 1 pill of Nicomide with dinner

Before Bed:

- Moisturize (if relatively clear, and depending on amounts of dry skin)

- 4% Benzoyl Peroxide where/if needed.

Updates to come soon! :D

WEEK 5 OF THE RENOVATED REGIMEN:

Howdy ladies and gentlemen!

My facial problem area is now my chin, ask you can see from the redmarks that have been left from zits this last week.

IPB Image