Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bluebomber

How many grams

Now im not talking about naturally occuring sugars, like in fruits and that, im talking like granola bars, cookies, even bagels, on average how many grams of sugar do u eat a day, im just curious to know about other peoples diet habits because i find if i eat more than 40 grams of sugar in a day, its hell for the next couple of weeks, so on average how much do u think u have in a day?

I've been cutting down my sugar because I think I've seen a direct link between my sugar intake and my outbreaks. I don't know how much sugar I average in a day, only that I'm trying to cut it down, but please keep this topic active. I'm very interested in those who are keeping track and what amounts they think affect them. If anyone else out there is knowledgeable about what's a healthy sugar intake I'd like to hear that as well. Also, it's my understanding that sugar is sugar, be it from fruit or from Mountain Dew. While the fruit may be healthy for you in many ways, I don't think there's any way that the sugar you get from fruit "doesn't count". Maybe this topic belongs in the diet/health board?

yea it probably does, but im also interested as to how much sugar people consume in a day, and if sugar from fruits causes acne, then im probably screwed because i eat tons of fruits

My experience is as follows:

If i've slept enough and don't feel tired/sick in any way, I can eat all the sugar I want without breaking out.

However if I didn't sleep enough, or feel a bit tired/less strong, then the eating of sugar lead to breakouts. Tested it several times wink.gif

There has been no confirmed medical connection between sugar intake and acne. I am a sugar JUNKIE, and I've gone without a lot for months with no difference. I've also binged on the stuff in remarkable amounts, again without any difference. They used to say chocolate made you break out, and that was disproven. My skin has been drastically improving, thanks to a combination of gentle washing+tea tree oil+light moisterizer+Vitamin B5. And when I eat a ton of sugar, which I do everyday(I know its bad, but I swear I have the worst sweet tooth smile.gif it doesn't cause me to break out. Maybe thats just me. Everyones skin is different.

as for the post about sugars in fruit.... the intrinsic sugars in fruit shouldnt do your body any harm, thus not flaring up your acne.. though if u eat tons it can have an allergic reaction , my granny used to get this eating too many bananas..but anyways... id avoid toooooo much extrinsic sugar from sweets biscuits etc, because in the end the skin will heal better if u eat more healthy food , so although some junk food is fine , just dont overdo it on the sugar as u wana give ur skin the best chance it can have at getting better lol.gif

This summer I became very very interested in this subject! I started a colon cleanse which I had read about online and it cleans ur colon out and then u continue by eliminating sugar completely and dairy. I found it helpful. I mean I know how everyone on here is saying theres no link bw diet and skin, however, we must think about this....Whatever goes in must come out. Thus, the colon cleanse idea. Also, whatever toxins we do not rid of come out through our skin. Notice when ur dehydrated ur skin gets dry for example. Just think about it. Very interesting. eusa_angel.gif