Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
presrox

will Differin get rid of red marks? will it help?

im going to a derm tomorrow and im thinking of asking for differin and azelaic acid (one for am one for pm) has anyone had success with a combo like this? i heard that if you use differin for years its REALLY good for antiaging and the likes

im not so sure about red marks, my derm never said anything about the helpin red marks , but this pamphlet they gave me and it shows progress with this one guy with acne and his red marks from acne seemed to go away. but then again that could just be from the time that has passed.

it is a retinoid, so im guessing it'll shed some skin which may make ur red marks appear darker at first but in the long run lighter?

From what I understand, yes, it will make them lighter, but it is not as effective as Retin-A.

i dont want to burst the bubble of the effectiveness of differin but personally for me it was awful and made my skin inflammed itchy and redder than normal so i stopped using it but i guess everyone is different, and u wont know unless u try!

xx

i dont want to burst the bubble of the effectiveness of differin but personally for me it was awful and made my skin inflammed itchy and redder than normal so i stopped using it but i guess everyone is different, and u wont know unless u try!

xx

I had the exact same response to Differin. My skin was quite inflamed and red. Apparently people who are prone to sensitised skin, will have more of an inflamed response. If you persevere with it the body can absorb the inflammation, and in fact aid in reducing scarring, but really who can walk around looking so red for ages. I stopped using Differin.

differin helped out my skin more than hurt it. only prob now my skin is hella dry. my red marks have calmed down. i dunno if it was time healin it or my differin gel.