Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rustymetal

Does a TCA peel cause a "cave-in"?

I did a localized TCA peel on my cheek for superficial scarring, and I noticed the area where I placed the TCA (about 1.5 square inches) looks to be a little lower now than the surrounding skin (the crustiness is forming at this point too). I also noticed that the surrounding skin looks a little lighter (as if collagen were being mass produced). Are these things normal?

It was only 12.5% TCA but I have very sensitive skin. Thanks for any comments.

I did a localized TCA peel on my cheek for superficial scarring, and I noticed the area where I placed the TCA (about 1.5 square inches) looks to be a little lower now than the surrounding skin (the crustiness is forming at this point too).  I also noticed that the surrounding skin looks a little lighter (as if collagen were being mass produced).  Are these things normal?

It was only 12.5% TCA but I have very sensitive skin.  Thanks for any comments.

I have never heard of anyone who had a sunken result from TCA, so hopefully this is just a temporary effect. It is normal for the treated areas to initially become darker, which may make the surrounding area appear lighter. I don't think you have anything to worry about at this point! Best of luck!

I did the same as you: a localized tca peel 12,5% on my cheek for superficial scaring. And I noticed the same as you: the treated area looked deeper than the surrounding skin. But now the skin looks normal, not anymore deeper. But unfortunately it didn't help with my scaring.

I did the same as you: a localized tca peel 12,5% on my cheek for superficial scaring. And I noticed the same as you: the treated area looked deeper than the surrounding skin. But now the skin looks normal, not anymore deeper. But unfortunately it didn't help with my scaring.

How long did it take for you skin to return to the normal level?

Colin

Same happened to me, with low TCA concentrations as well. It happened almost every single time I've used it, and so far the skin has always gone back to normal in terms of it getting back to its normal "level". The depression lasted ony for a little while, right before and during the formation of the crust, and then for some more days, then the skin went back to normal. I'd say it would take about 1 week after the crust fell for the skin to not be depressed there any more.