Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pipowte

What did she prescribe?

Hi all, have anyone of you ever heard of a prescription medicine called Tetralysal 300 mg

Yesterday I had an appointment with a skin-care doctor of some sort and she prescribed this to me.

I’m supposed to take 2 pills a day for 6 months for my moderate acne on my face, back and chest.

Have anyone heard of this Tetralysal 300 mg and is it any good, and are there some side-effects?

just a quick google search and I can tell you Tetralysal is a european Tetracycline. There are a gazillion threads about tetracycline here, so pls go hog wild.

What I know: antibiotics work better on cystic acne than whiteheads, work for a limited period of time as bacteria in your body becomes used to the medication, kill stomach bacteria leading to gas & bloating.

I've been on most US "Cyclines" and I think they are a temporary & paltry fix that usually ends up with wasting money and having to try something else. My opinion, you should search any thread mentioning anti-biotics.

namaste'