Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thenew

red marks from old acne

I have alot of small red marks that are not active pimples but i dont think they are scars yet, they dont petrude from my skin like the active ones do they just look like faded pimples from long ago, i was wondering if using BP would be able to make these fade completely and go away? or does it only work on active acne?

thanks sooo much for any help and info

let them be.. lol (natures way)

i have red marks too.. but once i started usin AHA they seem fadin..

iunno if it because of that tho..

people also recomend glycolic acid..

good luck ^^

Dont use bp on your red marks, it will make them more apparent and take longer to heal. Just leave them be or if you have no active spot.. you can try a glycolic peel.

If you want more info on red marks and treatments look at the red marks forum as it has lots of suggestions. I would recommend a glycolic peel

A product containing salicylic acid or glycolic acid may help the red marks to fade faster.

Clean and Clear carries an oil-free moisturizer with 0.5% salicylic acid. Personally, I really like using Neutrogena Multi-vitamin treatment because it contains both salicylic and glycolic acid and is designed to help fade past breakout marks.

You shouldn't use bp on red marks?

How can you distinguish from them if you have a mass of active and non active ones...I just cover the whole area with bp

How can you distinguish from them if you have a mass of active and non active ones...I just cover the whole area with bp

Exactly-thats bullshit that you should just stop using BP- active acne would arrive then wouldnt it ?!!! You have to carry on doing the same regimen and the redmarks will slooowwwllllyyyy fade away. Dan explains it all in the what to expect bit. Sure glycolic acid etc can help but you have to keep the basic regimen going or you will be back to square one pretty soon.

Good luck with everything xxx

I have alot of small red marks that are not active pimples but i dont think they are scars yet, they dont petrude from my skin like the active ones do they just look like faded pimples from long ago, i was wondering if using BP would be able to make these fade completely and go away? or does it only work on active acne?

in fairness... make up doesnt make red marks worse.. and if u hunt around u can find plenty of skin friendly make up , as i know personally , due to sufffering from A LOT of red marks, i couldnt leave the house without make up , though i hope to be able to some day. but yeah hang in there, im waiting for my red marks to heal, and at the minute im using garnier, pure A moisturiser which is supposed to help against imperfections and red marks, and to fade those which are already there. it contains salicylic acid aswell, so it should be good. noticing a slight improvement already, but it is a long process. if u were on accutane by the way , dont do a peel until at least 6 months after u stopped treatment

x good luck x eusa_angel.gif

in fairness... make up doesnt make red marks worse.. and if u hunt around u can find plenty of skin friendly make up , as i know personally , due to sufffering from A LOT of red marks, i couldnt leave the house without make up , though i hope to be able to some day. but yeah hang in there, im waiting for my red marks to heal, and at the minute im using garnier, pure A moisturiser which is supposed to help against imperfections and red marks, and to fade those which are already there. it contains salicylic acid aswell, so it should be good. noticing a slight improvement already, but it is a long process. if u were on accutane by the way , dont do a peel until at least 6 months after u stopped treatment

x good luck x  eusa_angel.gif

x good luck x eusa_angel.gif

[/quote

i think if you use make up try looking for oil free, non-comedogenic (won't clog pores). but me i have very sensitive facial skin and this kind of make up still clog my pores. i stopped using make up for months now and my skin is clear of red marks and pimples. i wash my face 2x a day with baby bar soap and use eucerin calming creme. i always put my hair away from my face and i use wipes to control the oil shine in my face.