Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ty189

And isn't it ironic...don't you think

When Alanis Morissette wrote her famous song"Ironic", i do believe she was singing about acne.

I mean isn't it ironic that with all the technology we have these days with plastic sugery you can get a new nose, new boobs, new tummy, new ass; you can look younger, you can ever change your sex but yet for some damn reason you cannot go into the doctor and get new skin?

ance is ironic to me in so many ways. In my 5 years and counting of suffering with acne, i have never had a friend that got one zit in their life, and i am no shut in, i have lots of friends but they are all gifted with beautifully clear skin. Another ironic thing about acne is that you can hide lots of things such as cellulite,unwanted body hair, bruises,scars on the body, even body acne(i am not saying that these things do not suck or cause insecurities BUT they are easier to hide) the list goes on....

BUT you cannot hide your face.

I have long dreamed of inventing a fashionable paper bag that will somehow become famous to wear on "bad skin days", it will become a huge fad and will stay until technolgy has found a way to cure acne for good. but since the chances of that are zero, i must stick to my current regimen and focus on being positive and stop listening to the depressing songs of alanis morissette. biggrin.gif

It's not ironic, it's 'Alanic'.

Obligatory quote from comedian Ed Byrne about the song, "Ironic":

Remember that song, "Ironic" ? Remember that one? "Isn't it Ironic"...no it's not, ask me another...She kept naming all these things in her song that were supposed to be ironic, and none of them were...they were all just unfortunate...Song should've been called "Unfortunate"...The only ironic thing about that song is that it's called "Ironic" and it is written by a woman who doesn't know what irony is, that's quite ironic when you think about it...

'Cause you look at some of the lyrics ..."Like a traffic jam when you're already late...", that's not ironic - that's just a pain in the hole, that's about it...when was the last time you were late, got stuck in a traffic jam and thought...oh look at the irony on this hey...here's irony for you, I was in a fierce ironic traffic jam the other day I tell you...I was going down Point Road, the irony was backed up for miles it was...there's nothing ironic about being stuck in a traffic jam when you're late for something - unless you're a town planner...If you were a town planner and you were late for a seminar at which you were giving a talk on how you solved the problem of traffic congestion in your area, couldn't get to it because you got stuck in a traffic jam - that'd be bloody well ironic wouldn't it ? "Lads, I'm sorry I missed it, you'd never guess"...maybe that's what she meant...

...and the next one's nearly as bad..."A no smoking sign on your cigarette break..." No, that's inconsiderate office management that what that is...A "No Smoking" sign in a cigarette factory - irony...it's not a difficult concept, Alanis...it's very rare that you see an ironic "No Smoking" sign...although, have you ever seen one of those ones that say "Thank you for not smoking"...and you are...fairly ironic when that happens...

speaking of which, (i know this is going totally off topic) biggrin.gif , but has anyone got jagged little pill accoustic?!?

just wanted to say on 'ironic' she changes it to 'its meeting the man of my dreams, then meeting his beautiful husband'. lol. coz you know, in this day and age its more appropriate eusa_angel.gif

lol! no! not alanis! shes released the 10th year anniversary JLP as accoustic, if you like her then get it! eusa_dance.gif not sure if shes releasing anything new yet though confused.gif whats she like live?!?!!?

Most of the things in that song are not ironic. Irony is usually much deeper than that. The song should be called "Isn't that an unfortunate coiencedence for you", but that doesn't sound as good.

Most of the things in that song are not ironic.  Irony is usually much deeper than that.  The song should be called "Isn't that an unfortunate coiencedence for you", but that doesn't sound as good.

It's not ironic, it's 'Alanic'.

Obligatory quote from comedian Ed Byrne about the song, "Ironic":

Remember that song, "Ironic" ? Remember that one? "Isn't it Ironic"...no it's not, ask me another...She kept naming all these things in her song that were supposed to be ironic, and none of them were...they were all just unfortunate...Song should've been called "Unfortunate"...The only ironic thing about that song is that it's called "Ironic" and it is written by a woman who doesn't know what irony is, that's quite ironic when you think about it...

'Cause you look at some of the lyrics ..."Like a traffic jam when you're already late...", that's not ironic - that's just a pain in the hole, that's about it...when was the last time you were late, got stuck in a traffic jam and thought...oh look at the irony on this hey...here's irony for you, I was in a fierce ironic traffic jam the other day I tell you...I was going down Point Road, the irony was backed up for miles it was...there's nothing ironic about being stuck in a traffic jam when you're late for something - unless you're a town planner...If you were a town planner and you were late for a seminar at which you were giving a talk on how you solved the problem of traffic congestion in your area, couldn't get to it because you got stuck in a traffic jam - that'd be bloody well ironic wouldn't it ? "Lads, I'm sorry I missed it, you'd never guess"...maybe that's what she meant...

...and the next one's nearly as bad..."A no smoking sign on your cigarette break..." No, that's inconsiderate office management that what that is...A "No Smoking" sign in a cigarette factory - irony...it's not a difficult concept, Alanis...it's very rare that you see an ironic "No Smoking" sign...although, have you ever seen one of those ones that say "Thank you for not smoking"...and you are...fairly ironic when that happens...

i was wondering about that song...how is rain on your wedding day ironic? Unless maybe she was a weather girl and had predicted a sunny day for that wedding day and then it rained.

hmm? ...oh okay i'll go back to work!

sheesh lol

haha. i like that song... but isnt the first line sort of ironic

"i know a man who turned 98, he won the lottery and died the next day"

its ironic.. cuz... he just won all that money and wont even get to spend it.

Most of the things in that song are not ironic.  Irony is usually much deeper than that.  The song should be called "Isn't that an unfortunate coiencedence for you", but that doesn't sound as good.