Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forgetme

Lemon Wash - A mathematical approach

I was wondering if anyone out there has ever tried this (the lemon wash thing). I've been using it for a week (I apply twice daily) and it seems to be working OK. I also decided to change my diet on the same day that I began using the wash (cut off milk, butter, bread, and a bunch of other things). Given this data how many days do you guys think it will take my body to get rid of most of my pimples?

Thank you all for your attention.

Peace.

Oh, by the way, in case you were wondering, I stopped consuming the products mentioned above (milk, butter, etc) but I think I did substitute them appropiately (I'm eating carrots, spinach, lettuce, cilantro, tomatoes, onions, garlic, oranges, apples, papayas, etc).

What is lemon wash anyway? You dilute lemon with water and wash with it? How much water do you use for 1 lemon?

How is this a MATHEMATICAL approach???

its more of a homeopathic /natural approach.

I have been using lemon too!.

This is a mathematical approach. I gave you a problem, and I want an answer for it (in days)! lol.

BTW, Melinda, how long have you been using the lemon wash for and has it given you any positive results?

What is lemon wash anyway? You dilute lemon with water and wash with it? How much water do you use for 1 lemon?

Yes. I use a lemon daily (half of it in the morning and half of it in the evening). You are only supposed to dilute it with water if your skin is sensitive (Do a Google search on it for more details). If you do have a sensitive skin then I guess you should use a solution of about 50% water and 50% lemon (I am not sure about this).

You guys rub pure lemon (undiluted) for the whole face with no problem? Oh my Goood.... Your skin must be very thick and oily. It'll burn and peel off my skin in seconds even if I use 50% lemon 50% water 8-[

Well...here is my answer regarding 'lemon wash' (not very mathematical, tho :D ) :

1. Yes, it'll help you control your oily skin

2. Yes, it might (good chance) reduce your acne

3. Yes, it'll definetely BLEACH your skin!! :lol: (not bad if you like lighter skin)

Warning: be careful when using pure citrus acid. Your skin might be very sensitive to sun exposure.

All right then, just forget me and my mathematical approach !

Anyhow, it does bleach your skin (can tell this from personal experience). And yes, I don't think it works effectively on people with sensitive skin.

It works for me because my skin is the oiliest scariest thing I've ever seen.

I do have good news though. I was talking to my brother this morning and he did mention that my skin looked a little better than before. How do I know he is not lying? Well, he is one of those people that will tell what he thinks in the crudest possible ways. He also used to call me sandpaper face (funny guy huh).

Melinda,

I think lemon/lime might help with dark marks/spots and some shallow scars, but not pitted scars or ice picks. O:)

I have no acne at the moment, I have been doing Blood Type Diet since about a month ago. It is more for health (I am underweight and suffer from constipation) but it definetely controls my acne , EXCEPT when I cheat :D So, I am trying not to cheat until I feel I am at my optimum health O:) Really, it is not hard, but it is not that easy either :lol: For example, I am an AB type, I am not supposed to have beef but lamb is ok, no chicken but turkey is fine, no whole milk but reduced fat milk or whole goat milk is fine, etc. So, it is not very strict diet.

Anyway, yes, I have some scars and spots from previous breakouts. They are all located on my chin (pimples love my chin)! THe rest of my face is clear.

For the last three days, I am treating my scars and dark spots with chinese violet orchid (latin: Bletilla Striata). My friend gave it to me several weeks ago but I was too lazy to try. Me and her are both interested in alternative healing, especially in herbs O:) )

So far it is even more impressive than lime! O:) Three days ago I cheat and had some corn for breakfast (I knew I was not supposed to eat the freakin' corn!) 8-[ , 2 pimples forming in the afternoon. I put the orchid with jojoba (that was the first time I tried the stuff) and the pimples were pussed over night, my old dark spots lightened BIG TIME and my scars reduced (smoothen). The second day/night (yesterday), my pimples were healed completely, dark spots and scars were almost not noticable. My friend at work even complemented my skin "Oh my God! Your diet works!" (she thought it was the diet that reduce the spots)

Today, the third day, this very morning (I just got up and had a shower), I didn't see any trace of pimples, they are gone with no trace of marks/scars and I had to get really close to the bathroom mirror to see my scars/spots. They are almost gone. Oh my Goood....This stuff really works! (at least for me) :D/ . I'll give you full report after a week :D

Melinda :

1. I don't think it is because of the jojoba oil. I use jojoba oil everyday, long before I tried the orchid. I also used emu oil for the 3rd and 4th night, and it healed fast. The jojoba/emu oil/any oil acts only as a carrier, because it is hard to put the orchid powder on without the oil. The recipe actually ask for sesame black oil, but according to the blood type diet, I am not supposed to take sesame oil. The diet is actually talking about taking food internally, not topically. But if I know I am not supposed to take something internally, I try to avoild putting it topically, too, just in case. O:) I know for example, I found out that aloe vera is very drying to my skin. Later (after I know about blood type diet), I found out type B and AB is not supposed to drink aloe vera (very common in my country). Sometimes it is not the case. Aloe vera works fine for my friend (type B), but she can only put it topically.

2. I am familiar with herbs and traditional healing since I was a kid, my Mom used to make her own skin care, hair care and herbal drink to keep her health in shape. She is a traditional Javanese woman and I learned about herbs from her, mostly Javanese recipes though. Alternative healing is very common in Indonesia : Javanese Jamu, acupunture, chinese herbal healing, reflexology, etc. I am not quite familiar with chinese herbs because my Mom only knows about Indonesian herbs. If my family needs chinese medicine, they'll go to a shinse and get them in the finished form. I got the orchid from my friend (we both into herbs :D ). She has a handbook of chinese herbs and how to prepare it. She is the one who gave me the orchid and the recipe. But after I did some research on the internet, I found out Bletilla Striata is very good for skin disorder.

3. I probaby shouldn't say lime/lemon won't work for pitted scars because I am not 100% sure. I just assumed it wouldn't because it didn't improve my pitted scars, only lighten the color. Maybe it'll work for someone else, who knows? O:) For me lime is more effective than vinegar, but again, each person is different. O:) Vinegar made my skin horrible after 10 days of treatment (later I found out I wasn't supposed to take vinegar either! :lol: ). But if you asked me what would work for pitted scar, I would say, try egg yolk mask if you are not allergic to egg. Almost all nutriet you need can be found in egg yolk. You can add several drops of lemon/lime if you cannot stand the smell. What is your blood type anyway, I'll check how sensitive you are to egg.

4. My approach is more holistic. I would say, both diet and topical treatment act in sinergic. Well, maybe diet is more important since it'll prevent you from breaking out. I only took lime for a week, so I cannot say it is more important. I think lime/lemon will cure acne if applied topically, but it cannot prevent you from breaking outs O:) I fix my own herbal drink quite often, it consists: fresh turmeric (very hard to come by here in the US), tamarind and palm sugar (the basic javanese recipe), plus cinnamon, clove and ginger (my own concoction). Long before I know about blood type diet, this drink prevent me from breaking outs because it acts as blood purifier and skin clarifier. O:) Yea, I know it is kinda a hassle to make your own concoction. O:) I am taking the blood type diet more for practical reason. It is easier to avoid 'forbidden food' than to make your concoction everyday. The blood type diet keep me from breaking out even if I don't have time to make my herbal drink. :D

Hope this answer your questions :D

Yes, I am a native Indonesian. Both my parents are from Java (one of 5 major islands), so I am considered myself a Javanese O:)

Yes, I have tried acupuncture, too. The pins are painless. If you try to lay down still and relax, it wouldn't hurt. But if you keep moving then yes, it'll hurt a bit because it'll affect your nerve system. O:) I was gonna take acupunture class before moving to the US, but I didn't have the time (I worked full time and have 2 little kids O:) ) Some of my good friends have Chinese heritage, so, I am quite familiar with Chinese traditional healing method. One of them is very good at Palm Reading. She was my class mate at college. I know it sounds....weird, but she did predict something (pretty bad) would happen to me that was unbelievable for my rational thinking. I laughed at her at the time, but 5 years later, it did happen to me. :D

Where do you live? Are you in the US? It is funny that not very many people knows his/her blood type in the US. In Indonesia, most people know, especially for driving licensce. It is gonna be in there. It is a big deal. You cannot have driver's liscence without knowing your blood type O:). Even when you enter elementary school, most schools will give you a student ID and your name, DOB, address and blood type should be in there. In case something happen to you like (God forbid) accident, the doctor don't have to check your blood before giving transfusion.

Anyway, if you check your blood type, maybe it is a good idea to ask for food alergy test as well. It is (I think) more 'precise than blood type diet. O:)

I speak English (obviously LOL), Indonesian, Javanese, Betawian (native Jakarta language) and some German O:) I'd like to learn Spanish, but don't have time :D

Hehehehe...we should open our own threat. This is not very relevant with the subject. :D I was born in Indonesia, but now reside in MA. Where do you reside?

Hmmm... I don't quite understand the difference between language and dialect. But if you speak Indonesian, doesn't mean you can understand Javanese or Betawian. They are totally different. I give you an example the word "I"

Indonesian: saya

Javanese : kula

Betawian : ane

They use totally different words for the same things. The accent also different. You know what I mean? O:)

Oh...forgot to tell you something. If you are interested in knowing your blood type, you might like to ask any drug stores or pharmacy to get your own blood test kit. It is easy, as easy as doing pregnancy test. I remember we did that to each other in Biology class when I was in high school. O:)

hey forgetme,

do u have acne on ur face? or just scars?  redspots?

same question to you mahatari

I have all these things. My face is looking awful... Oh well can't do anything about it, can I?

Yes I can! The change I made in my diet has made things a lot better for me The most noticeable result from this change is that before I decided to stop eating all the crap I used to eat, I would usually wake up in the mornings and find from 3-5 pimples on my face. Now I get one every other day. This is good consindering the fact that I have been doing this for less than a week. It also looks like my skin is getting ready to get rid of loads of acne this week, so I guess I'm gonna have to equip myself with lots of carrots! (carrots contain vitamin A, which is good for your skin).

By the way, I'm a guy - 17.