Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alisonjs122

BENZAMYCIN for tiny bumpies on cheeks?

My skin is okay, I just have a few tiny skin colored bumps on my cheeks and forehead. My derm prescribed me benzamycin. Is this medication effective in clearing stubborn bumps? THANKS!

My skin is okay, I just have a few tiny skin colored bumps on my cheeks and forehead. My derm prescribed me benzamycin. Is this medication effective in clearing stubborn bumps? THANKS!

The best thing for those small bumps is exfoliation. I'm surprised your derm didn't prescribe a retinoid like retin a for you. Maybe you should call your derm and ask about this.

I'm actually on clindamycin and I haven't noticed that it helps those small bumps at all. The only thing that seems to be helping them is tazorac. If you and your derm think retinoids are too much for you, you may want to go to the OTC forum and check out the posts on exfoliating the skin.

well,in my view as an ex user (now using neo-medrol) of benzamycin....it is very good in hardening small bumps with pus or white heads but do nothing should ur bump becomes cystic which if i m not wrong cystic means those big bumps with pus inside them...those are real problem which until now i dun know wat can i do to get rid off....besides praying i dun get them in the first place,hehe...

benzamycin is good but i used it for moderate/sever acne and in conjunction with orals. Not sure how effective it is alone. It it doesnt work, think about differen gel or something like that. If you have sensitive skin, stay away from retin-A type stuff. It completely peeled my skin everday as I have sensitive skin also. In my experience, benzamycin is good for oily skin/acne as it hardens/dries up your acne. Try it out see if it works for you.

hey i have those same bumps under my skin on my forehead...

im just wondering whether its ok to use salicylic acid while im on roaccutane?... my skin is not dry on my forehead and im wondering if just washin in that area would be alright?

Thanks... biggrin.gif