Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yesterday night I was half asleep half awake and at about 3 in the morning I have no idea if I was dreaming or not, but I woke up suddenly trembling/shaky, very light headed and very scared. So I tried to calm myself down but it wouldn't work...it kept getting worse.... and worse....then I started to get really scared because this feeling was indescribable in terms of fear. I started to fear for my life. It was as if I was dying and not able to control my emotions. So finally after about 20 mintues I was able to snap out of it and calm the hell down. Then I feared going back to sleep because the feeling was so negative I couldn't bear having it again, so I stayed awake in bed for another 3 hours. Finally at 6:00 I calm myself down enough to go to sleep.

I swear to god that anxiety attack was the absolute scariest, most negative experience of my entire life. It is by far the worst experience ever. You think your going to die. At that moment, I'd trade it all away for acne even worse than what I have currently. It's that bad.

Anyways, I'm just venting because I've been shellshocked the entire time I've been up. I've only had a panic attack once before, and that's because I smoked too much weed one time when I was in grade 10. I quit doing weed shortly after.. so I doubt it's some sort of "flashback". However, I know that I've been stressed as hell lately. I got layed off at work, then wasted a month to find a new job, got a new job, and then broke my foot therefore stopping me from working. These stresses coupled with my everyday stress of acne and other skin issues I've got.

I'm 20 and I sure as hell don't need some anxiety disorder to add to my growing list of "issues". I pray to god I don't get another one.

I'm not the person I should be. Fuck life.

shit man, i can relate. stress really gets to you sometime, i had something similar to that in grade 8, i was shaking a bit, i lost control of where i was, couldn't think straight and broke down and cried, in the middle of a class. i was also outside around all this stuff i was allergic too, so that worsened it. i didn't have the immense fear you had, but i had the stress, trust me.

don't give up on life, something always comes around, if you think it won't then it won't, because you control what happens to you.

Heh, I'm too positive to give up on life don't worry. It's just that this event came out of the blue. What a hassle.

Yeah man, I had a bad dream once (unacne related) and for some odd reason I woke up shaking and I felt like someone was choking me because I literally couldn't breathe, and I was trying to yell for help but nothing was coming out my mouth.

Truly a scary moment, only happened once though about 4 months ago.

Yesterday night I was half asleep half awake and at about 3 in the morning I have no idea if I was dreaming or not, but I woke up suddenly trembling/shaky, very light headed and very scared. So I tried to calm myself down but it wouldn't work...it kept getting worse.... and worse....then I started to get really scared because this feeling was indescribable in terms of fear. I started to fear for my life. It was as if I was dying and not able to control my emotions. So finally after about 20 mintues I was able to snap out of it and calm the hell down. Then I feared going back to sleep because the feeling was so negative I couldn't bear having it again, so I stayed awake in bed for another 3 hours. Finally at 6:00 I calm myself down enough to go to sleep. 

I swear to god that anxiety attack was the absolute scariest, most negative experience of my entire life. It is by far the worst experience ever. You think your going to die. At that moment, I'd trade it all away for acne even worse than what I have currently. It's that bad.

Anyways, I'm just venting because I've been shellshocked the entire time I've been up. I've only had a panic attack once before, and that's because I smoked too much weed one time when I was in grade 10. I quit doing weed shortly after.. so I doubt it's some sort of "flashback". However, I know that I've been stressed as hell lately. I got layed off at work, then wasted a month to find a new job, got a new job, and then broke my foot therefore stopping me from working. These stresses coupled with my everyday stress of acne and other skin issues I've got.

I'm 20 and I sure as hell don't need some anxiety disorder to add to my growing list of "issues". I pray to god I don't get another one.

I woke up once when I was 13 or 14 or something and looked in the mirror and thought I had millions of tiny black veins all over my face. That was fucked

Hey, I had to take these SAT's and when I did I was ashamed of myself cause I was not going to Ivy, like my parents wanted me to go. That whole month I was fu***ked up, becuase I had to admit to my dad that I did not come out to be like him, going to Ivy.

Then after a while I calmed down, realizing that most college students are not in Ivy Legues and nothing wrong with that.

anyone else ever wake up during the night, and like ur acting out your dream or some wierd shiet like that, like one time i spent 20 minutes i bet like rolling up my blanket and placing it on the floor it was ridiculous, and honestly at one point it hit me that i was like sleep "walking" in my bed, or sometimes i imagine i have to get stuff done like stuff that i do at my work, i duno wierd stuff, but yea our minds play tricks on us like crazy

After this incident, I've gained complete respect for anyone who has to deal with a pyscological disorder.

hey scotty,

yeh man i hear you, age 20 was when i i had my first anxiety attack, and man was it fucking horrible. your situation is very similar to mine. I think my battles with acne and other stresses brought it on. I wouldn't wish that feeling on my worst enemy.

I hope this does'nt become a regular thing for you. try to learn to deal with your stress, and acne while your still young. Once you have an anxiety attack they tend to come back later on in life, even worse. yeh once again,  anxiety and acne are fucking terrible. good luck.

hey scotty,

yeh man i hear you, age 20 was when i i had my first anxiety attack, and man was it fucking horrible. your situation is very similar to mine. I think my battles with acne and other stresses brought it on. I wouldn't wish that feeling on my worst enemy.

I hope this does'nt become a regular thing for you. try to learn to deal with your stress, and acne while your still young. Once you have an anxiety attack they tend to come back later on in life, even worse. yeh once again,  anxiety and acne are fucking terrible. good luck.

I also wouldn't wish this feeling on my worst enemy. It's the worst feeling of all time. Btw are these scenarios regular for you?

i'm 20 and i recently had a panic attack which brought on a muscular seizure (there were other factors involved)...to make a long story short i now have $3000 of med bills

sheet.

I've had an experience of the sort before. It was probably the scariest event of my life. The only thing I can nearly describe it as is a near-seizure. I had a dream my truck flipped over a guard rail and fell into water below and I couldn't get out of it because water was rushing in so fastly.

When I woke up, and was shaking and somewhat convulsing, and I got up from the bed and started walking out of my room, but I couldn't see anything because my vision was all blurred white. I tripped over my shoes, fell to the ground in front of my mirror and saw what was happening after I could finally see. Oh jeeze it was so scary..