Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
manhattan55

Has anyone gotten facials for acne ?

Wats up everybody. Has anyone gotten a facial before ? I got my first today and it was kinda weird. At one point they "extracted" my face and removed some of my pimples, but now i have these red marks on my face. Do you think they made my face worse? Please let me know wat you guys think.

I did a lot of that back in high school. I love it and of course your face gets red after extractions. It's normal. It'll heal in a couple of days so dont worry. However if you're a guy or you dont wear makeup, just make sure there isnt a big party or event the next day or something hahaha.

I have no idea because my eyes were covered the whole time. I swear to god they fucked my face up because my face was much better before i got the facial done. Now im worried

I got facials a couple summers ago. It was at a korean facial spa in Koreatown (L.A.). There was a special summer package for acne, so I went there weekly to get extractions, peels, masks, etc. Yes, it was painful to the point where it was ALMOST unberable. However, being the "strong" person I am, I was able to resist the extreme-burning sensations of the peels and the nerve-wracking extractions.

Along w/the facials, the esthetician gave me benzoyl peroxide washes & gels to use at home. These products were used in accordance to the weekly facials and to assist in the massive peeling of my face. My skin cleared up rapidly, as well as drying the hell out of my face. At that time, I wasn't aware of possible sun damage (she didn't exactly tell me that i should be using sunblock OR moisturizer) ... so I ended up getting a few spots on my face =\. However, the peels got rid of my scars and gave me new, pore-less face.

The downsides to the type of facials I had was that my face was bleached out (... it was during the summer vacation. my body was nice & tan while my face was a ghastley shade), severe dryness in the face, dehydration, and the sun.

If only I had used a better moisturizer, sun protection, and protected the rest of my body, things would've been much better.

But, since my face was clean & clear, I didn't regret it at all =) Of course the results aren't permanent. Since you're not getting your genes fixed up up at the salon, you have to go there regularly. In otherwords, BEAUTY = PAIN/MONEY.

It's better and cheaper to make your own masks at home. Most salons don't know your true skin type and use the same products on everyone.

Use what works for you.. be careful of harsh abrasives... better to go natural: egg whites/yolks, honey/cinnamon.. these masks are used by people here that swear by them!

It is normal to have redness afterwards, but it's not normal if it's swollen.

Extractions done properly should not leave marks or scarring, but it's possible that the pimple itself caused a red mark or scar that was not yet visible until after the facial.