Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am thinking about getting microdermabrasion becuase my derm suggested it to me but he charges $100 per session. I found a new SPA that open that offer it for only $40.

Do you think it is the same?

where should i go.

thanks

I am thinking about getting microdermabrasion becuase my derm suggested it to me but he charges $100 per session. I found a new SPA that open that offer it for only $40.

Do you think it is the same?

where should i go.

thanks

I think things that are that gentle like micro can show long-term improvement if done over, and over, and over again, like during a course of a year. Though I've never had a professional microdermabrasion done myself, I have seen several people on here who had several procedures, and even w/ their mild scarring, saw little or no improvement.

I think improvement could be possible w/ these methods, it just takes persistence and would end up being pretty costly. You could always buy an at-home kit and try it at home for a lot cheaper to get an idea of what micro does.

Really you guys dont think it helps?

Man i think that trip to the derm was a waste of money he talk to me for like 3 min and give me Duac sample and suggested i get mircodermabrasion. i dont break out anymore and have what look like little holes on my side of my check with one deep scar that the doctor said dermabrasion wont help. I've use retin a 5% cream before and it worked pretty well for me. will microdermabrasion work better? how that Duac sample he give me is that good?

thanks for you reply guys.

you guys give alot of hope.

Man i think that trip to the derm was a waste of money he talk to me for like 3 min and give me Duac sample and suggested i get mircodermabrasion. i dont break out anymore and have what look like little holes on my side of my check with one deep scar that the doctor said dermabrasion wont help. I've use retin a 5% cream before and it worked pretty well for me. will microdermabrasion work better? how that Duac sample he give me is that good?

I am suprised he said dermabrasion would not help but that micro would. eusa_think.gif That doesn't make a lot of sense. Does the doctor do dermabrasion himself?

theres a hugeeeee difference. dermbrasion is when they like totally take the top of ur skin off, while mircrodermbrasion is just a light peel.