Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am told constantly to not worry. That it will go away. That everything is going to be ok. Nobody knows that for certain. I am getting more and more paranoid being on these forums I think from reading about older people suffering with acne as well. And saying how long they have had it for. I'm 17, and have been battling it for only 2 years so far, but that is still enough for someone as psychologically weak as I am to go through with it.

I hate having to worry about this.

I am told constantly to not worry. That it will go away. That everything is going to be ok. Nobody knows that for certain. I am getting more and more paranoid being on these forums I think from reading about older people suffering with acne as well. And saying how long they have had it for. I'm 17, and have been battling it for only 2 years so far, but that is still enough for someone as psychologically weak as I am to go through with it.

I feel the same way!! but i mean seriously aside from acne, you only have one life to live and with or without it you better enjoy it and live it to the fullest. I have been battling it for 5 years and i am 19. My sister is 27 and still has to deal with it so my future is not looking good but since i am doing the best i can, i swore to myself to never let acne control my life. Its like my mom always tells me "YOU ARE NOT A ZIT!!" and its true!!!

I have had a great life, zits and all. I have had plenty of boyfriends and am very blessed with a great family.

I know its hard but try to think of what you have been blessed with. YOU are ALIVE theres one for starters...try to think of some more and be positive biggrin.gif

Yup, its that unforgettable feeling that will never go away, and trust me , it gets worse when the acne is gone!! Because you dont want to go back to it.

you just have to realize that it takes time, but as long as you know that you are making an effort to help better your condition, by going to your doctor and dermatologist and trying new things, you should be able to rest easy. we're all going through it with u.

you just have to realize that it takes time, but as long as you know that you are making an effort to help better your condition, by going to your doctor and dermatologist and trying new things, you should be able to rest easy. we're all going through it with u.

Guest Marino

I know what you mean Kamni about the older people, it makes you think you'll never grow out of it.

The plus side is you dont have to worry about your genetics for the most part, waiting for acne to go away is pointless when theres so many treatments and alternatives out there that can supress it.

Your still young, and from what i gather very attractive, you should put together a list of possible solutions and try them out for 3 months each. I gaurantee you'll find the right one eventually, soon you'll be crystal clear biggrin.gif

Dont give up!

We've all been there wink.gif

omfg!! please dont worry about it, it'll go eventually, just remember that your gonna beat it.

and, my goodness girl, your hot! no need to worry about anything! Just saw ur gallery!) biggrin.gif

eusa_doh.gif soz, got slightly carried away............... wink.gif

Guest TylerD

Ya just enjoy life. It doesnt matter if you have acne or not. Your hot either way.

kanmeh you should try dans regimen..i bet it would work well on your skin

I really would like to .. but I don't know how I would get the BP gel. My parents won't buy anything online ;-; and thank you very much everyone.

its very normal to have acne at 17.. im 16 and have had acne since i was 11-12 probably.. i dont really get cysts but i have tons and tons of blackheads and a lot of little bumps scattered around and some whiteheads... the good thing is that a lot of times ur skin does clear up as u get older so u shouldnt have anything to worry about.

I really would like to .. but I don't know how I would get the BP gel. My parents won't buy anything online ;-; and thank you very much everyone.

No one can tell how long you will have acne for, unfortunately. I've had it for about 5 and a half years. Not severely, but its there alright. However I had a friend who only suffered for a year. Its luck of the draw. However, if you aren't one of the lucky ones, I can promise that it does get easier to deal with.. I mean, you get more used to it. 4 years ago, if I had a bad breakout, I'd spend ages in front of the mirror, crying and refusing to go out. Once, I even called in sick to work because of acne. But now, if I get a breakout, its more of just a sigh, and trying to make the best of it and get on with my day. And, you are so pretty. Don't let acne ruin the rest of your teenage years, cos they go so quickly, believe me.

If neither of my parents have adult acne, does that mean I won't have adult acne either?

I have had acne 14 long years..since I was 10. The best thing you can do is to see a dermatologist which I'm sure you have already done. I was 16 the first time I went and I didn't go back again until March of this year. I wish I had gone back alot sooner. I am currently seeing progress with my skin and I just think to myself that if I had only gone back to see the derm sooner, I could have saved myself years and years of emotional pain.

Anyway, you're a very pretty girl. Just don't give up hope and something WILL help to clear your skin...you just have to experiement.

things will get

better

i guarenttee

but

they will get worst

before

think postively

at all costs

besides

the more confident you are

the less people willnotice your acne

<3

What about sending the site a check by snail mail? or someone else to purchase it for you?

Heck, I think I have a tube or two of BP unopened (I don't use the regimin... tried me out too much and I hated having all the stuff on my face... I am now on Duac/Benzaclin + Antibiotic + NeoStrata and my face is going good, ordered some stuff to clear up red marks, haven't had a new zit that wasn't already forming since I started...)

What is your address I'll send it to you free if you want to try Dan's Regimin. PM Me.

If the regimin works for you, maybe that is enough to let your parents buy something online for once.

Kanmi,

There is an answer for you. I have posted the details on the Emotional section thread titled "K-I'm crying..' There are two posts of mine there setting out a very easy way to get rid of acne.

Acne can be a short term problem due to hormonal fluctuations that pass after a year or two. However, more and more people are suffering well into adulthood because of the increasing amount of petrochemicals, toxins, fats and other pollutants in our food, skin products (including acne products), shampoos, household cleaners etc etc.

best wishes

Lightworker

Kanmi,

There is an answer for you. I have posted the details on the Emotional section thread titled "K-I'm crying..' There are two posts of mine there setting out a very easy way to get rid of acne.

Acne can be a short term problem due to hormonal fluctuations that pass after a year or two. However, more and more people are suffering well into adulthood because of the increasing amount of petrochemicals, toxins, fats and other pollutants in our food, skin products (including acne products), shampoos, household cleaners etc etc.

best wishes

Lightworker

Guest >:(

Well at the very worst you'll only have your acne until menopause. Don't worry. smile.gif