Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mgxplyr

Whiteheads

OK, I've switched over to benozyl peroxide since I came to this site, and ordered bp gel. While it was in transit, I bought Neutrogena Clear Pore...3.5 bp...it dried white and i used it and cleared up my face pretty noticeably after a week, but I kept getting new whiteheads on my cheeks every single morning. I started using bp gel 4 days ago, and my face has already gotten used to it, feels very good with Cetaphil, and i'm seeing a much better improvement...much less red spots, but my face has been pretty red...anyways, I still keep getting whiteheads on my face every morning when I get up, and sometimes after a tough tennis match. I dont know if the way I sleep affects it, which is usually on my chest and my cheecks are slapped on to the pillow. Would sleeping on my back help?? So... I keep popping them, and I don't know if i'm supposed to do it or not, and after I pop them, I get a red spot there, which won't go away for a couple days. Should I leave the whiteheads and bp will get rid of them, or should I pop them and the number of whiteheads and red spots will decrease in the future? I really wanna clean this mess up before school starts and I'm feeling pretty positive that it's gonna work at this rate of progress. So, if anyone can give me some suggestion and give me some positive motivation, I would surely appreciate it!

-D

If anything, try as hard as possible not to pop... it really just makes things worse.

Everywhere I pop, it is worse than places that I don't.... and if you do try Dan's popping method (with the sterile pin I think?) Do not put too much pressure on it and such, it will just make it much worse, as I have learned with a very marked up jawline sad.gif

F.Y.I., popping zits will spread the acne bacteria further down into the pores creating a larger pimple and will also spread to other areas of the face causing other new pimples. I know its hard not to pop the white ones though, just battle through them and hopefully you will be clear soon if you are following the regimen.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try not to touch them and let them do their thing. My regimen is nothing special...

-Morning

Shower

Wash with basis (wait 10 minutes)

Apply bp gel (wait 10 minutes)

Moisturize with Cetaphil

and same thing at night.

Are there any other products I can use that would help even more or is this pretty much it?

Thanks again

-d

Don't use any more products, what you are doing is fine, it is the exact same thing i do and i am pretty much clear in the beginning of the second week. The only thing i would recommend but it probably wouldn't matter would be to wait 15 minutes before and after applying bp instead of 10. Just a suggestion, it could make for better absorbtion, but 10 minutes is still good.

As everyone else has mentioned, try to resist popping. I know, it's hard, but popping can do more harm than good.

Applying BP is good; you're doing fine. It's normal for the whiteheads to be coming out, because that means your skin is purging the impurities from your skin.