Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VintageWear

Mineral Makeup

What lines of mineral makeup is there in the US?

Clinique breaks me out.

I'm quite interested where can I buy it or the websites?

Thanks

You can get some brands at beauty supply stores or anywhere they sell upper end stuff, but they tgend to be the bigger, commercialized, and in my opinion crappier versions. Some poeple love Bare Escentuals,. but has additives in it that can irritate skin, and it's WAY overpriced.

I perfer to buy on-line. A good brand is Aromaleigh. Much cheaper, better quality. Also, check out Veggie Girl's posts, she has a line, too and hers are great. Both sell samples, so you can try them out.

There are a long list of mineral make-ups available in the US, but they're usually really expensive and can make u break out because of an ingredient called "bismuth oxychloride". However I was lucky enough to come across a brand of mineral makeup that seems to be unique. First, it contains no bismuth oxychloride, and therefore does not cause breakouts. And secondly it is a small business with no middleman and therefore extremly affordable. I've been using it for 2 years and it definitly it a great makeup for those who are acne prone. The website is www.aromaleigh.com

Good luck!

I've been wondering the same about Mineral Makeup - but I'm from the UK. I would love to buy it online (dont want to really buy it over the counter as I'm a guy) but have no idea where to start.... !

I've been wondering the same about Mineral Makeup - but I'm from the UK. I would love to buy it online (dont want to really buy it over the counter as I'm a guy) but have no idea where to start.... !

I second acnegirl...veggie girl has great MMU, she is very helpful with finding your shade plus her eye shadows are amazing. I've tried her samples and have not broken out from them. I've broken out using Cory Cosmetics, JLynne, and BE. Give her a try as well as the others since everybody's skin is different

You can buy mineral makeup at your local drugstore for $11.99. It's called Physicians Formula Talc-Free Mineral Wear Makeup.

Trust me when I tell you that I've tried most brands. I went through a mineral makeup phase about a year or so ago and got samples from about 15 different companies. I shit you not. I also tried both powder and liquid minerals and all of them were just weren't right somehow.

Veggiegirl's minerals are hands down the best I've ever tried. They disappear into your skin, the texture is awesome, and they actually helped clear up a few pimples that had popped up around my jawline. They didn't even get chalky or cakey when I applied a lot on one of my cheeks where i have a lot of discoloration.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH OTHER MINERAL COMPANIES. Seriously. PM Veggiegirl. She's perfected mineral makeup.

Hey Vintage Wear

I use Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup, which is really good. I used to use MAC which provides great coverage, but is horrible for your skin. Anyway, I bought my Mineral Makeup from a day spa, but you can buy it at www.janeiredale.com or at

www.MineralMakeupCompany.com. Hope this helps.

biggrin.gif

Guest mishmosh

hi Ive just received some samples in the post from MeLange mineral cosmetics. Looks a little chalky, but perhaps I havent put it on right! I put it on a big blusher brush and swept it over my face lots.

Anybody tried them?

Ingredients: titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, grapefruit seed extract, iron oxides, mica

Cheers in advance

Michelle, England

guys plz pm veggie grl her minerals are the best and dont contain any harmful ingredients.trust me ppl. the coverage is great,it doesnt look or feel like you are wearing makeup.and it LASTS... eusa_dance.gif also her prices are very reasonable.

Guest ldanielle

Can I get mineral makeup in the UK? just curious

Guest mishmosh

yeah dont declare it as mechandise on the customs form - gift or other