Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bigcyst

IM GETTING SUICIDAL PLEASE HELP ME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum and I seriously need help. About 5 months ago I began to grow this cyst, which was at first just small and red but now is a HUGE(2 inches) on my left cheek.

I went to the dermatologist and he said its a sabaceous cyst, and he popped it. CAME BACK after 15 mins. Went again 2 weeks later. He popped it. CAME BACK after 15 mins.

Its been still there for so long, and its red and disgusting. Im afraid to look at people and everyone asks me what happened. :D

Please help me, what should I do? Pop it? I've tried that, just comes back. Dry it? Leave it? Use honey? What?! What?! I have very sensitive skin (oily) which tends to scar very very easily.

PLEASE you guys are the experts, please reply, say anything.

why will no one help me... plz.. its affecting my life big time...

Here's some more info, When I did pop it, some clear stuff came out, it had some white stuff(very little of it) and then the a lot of blood. I dunno what to do.

why will no one help me... plz.. its affecting my life big time...

Here's some more info, When I did pop it, some clear stuff came out, it had some white stuff(very little of it) and then the a lot of blood. I dunno what to do.

i would suggest you put a round bandage on it after you pop it. it works for me when i pop zits, and i never have any scars.

have you tried getting a cortizone shot? if all this derm is doing is popping it maybe you should see a new derm...when i get a cyst or am about to get a cyst..i put an ice cube over it for a few minutes to help keep the swelling down...i dont think you should keep popping it...people are probably gonna tell you to apply Benzoyl Peroxide to it but i find that it just makes the cyst purple and flat and they come back...whatever you do dont touch it and dont try anything that will just irritate it further..

i would say look into a cortizone shot (ive never had one myself but people always talk about it) or else either try Benzoyl Peroxide..

also do a search for "Cyst"...im sure youll find other suggestions..

What's a cortizone shot? hmm... Oh yeah with regards to popping it, everytime I do pop it, it just keeps coming back, so it wouldnt matter if I put a bandade on it. Don't forget this thing is huge. Its mostly like blood that comes out when I pop it. I also squeeze it and guess what, there's stuff in there that seems really hard and wont come out at all. It feels rock hard but it is a fluid. Oh yeah I already tried BP on it, made it worse. Turned it purple and scarred the skin surrounding the area with purple scab like things. Man its been there for so long, Im afraid it will stay for life.

DOES ANYONE ELSE THIINK THEY KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO?

PLEASE JUST REPLY

What's a cortizone shot? hmm... Oh yeah with regards to popping it, everytime I do pop it, it just keeps coming back, so it wouldnt matter if I put a bandade on it. Don't forget this thing is huge. Its mostly like  blood that comes out when I pop it. I also squeeze it and guess what, there's stuff in there that seems really hard and wont come out at all. It feels rock hard but it is a fluid. Oh yeah I already tried BP on it, made it worse. Turned it purple and scarred the skin surrounding the area with purple scab like things. Man its been there for so long, Im afraid it will stay for life.

DOES ANYONE ELSE THIINK THEY KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO?

PLEASE JUST REPLY

if you are that concerned, then have a docter freeze it off.

freeze it off! No way! Man that would leave the biggest scar ever, an ugly reminder for life!

Go see another dermatologist. No one here can tell you what to do. We're not doctors and can't see your cyst. However, there are more things doctors can do other than lancing a cyst. Definitely find a new dermatologist and keep the faith. Let us know how it goes.

And whatever you do, do not do anything to it yourself. No popping or squeezing. This could make the situation even worse than it currently is.

-Dan

when my mom was around my ae, she had a huge cyst on her check, so bad the doctir had to do an x cut and drain everything out of it, it left her with a dimple, the dimple looks real, so it dont really bother her. :-k

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum and I seriously need help. About 5 months ago I began to grow this cyst, which was at first just small and red but now is a HUGE(2 inches) on my left cheek. 

I went to the dermatologist and he said its a sabaceous cyst, and he popped it. CAME BACK after 15 mins. Went again 2 weeks later. He popped it. CAME BACK after 15 mins. 

Its been still there for so long, and its red and disgusting. Im afraid to look at people and everyone asks me what happened.  :D 

Please help me, what should I do? Pop it? I've tried that, just comes back. Dry it? Leave it? Use honey? What?! What?! I have very sensitive skin (oily) which tends to scar very very easily.

PLEASE you guys are the experts, please reply, say anything.

If you think the situation is THAT serious you shouldn't be looking for help in forums. The only help we can provide is to tell you to go see a dermatologist, and if you already are and he ain't doing anything good for the situation, switch derms.

ive gotten cortisone injections in some scarring that i have. Cortisone ijections are just injections taht the derm does to the cyst or raised scar, whatever the wound may be. The cortisone usually breaks down whatever was in the cyst within a few weeks, and sometimes numerous injections are needed. it will flatten the lesion usually, but i have heard some bad things about cortisone injections form other people.

I guess sometimes the mark can actually indent, leaving a scar, which some people say will fill out over time, but others have not. some people reprt regretting getting cortisone injections due to this indentation.

i think you should see another dermatologist as well.

if any consolation, i knew a girl who had one of these cysts as well, and it REALLY bothered her and i know they look bad and what not....

but it will go away. just keep being persistant, find a good doctor, and youll find a treatment that works for you. chin up! chin up!

ok, I have a little experience for you...I had a Pilon cyst on my head for 16 years. I JUST had it taken off. Pilon cysts are sebaceous cysts on the scalp. I had it that long bcs when I got it I was 13 and was too "freaked" by it to say anything. It never hurt, was totally hidden, and only grew a little bit.

1} there's NO WAY I could've ever "popped" the sucker, wrong place {top of head} and the cyst was too deep. BUT cysts need medical attention, so PLEASE DON"T POP IT AGAIN.

2} If you don't remove the entire cyst "sac" it will come back and it sounds like your Derm is screwing you by not doing it right the first time. It's not easy to make sure all the keratin & cyst walls are gone, but it must be thorough.

3} Cortisone shots {I believe} will be ineffective bcs they combat the inflammation of cystic acne. A sebaceous cyst CAN become infected, but for the most part they are just yucky keratin lumps that do nothing.

Stop messing w/ it and find a dermatologist that will completely remove the cyst.

FYI, mine looked like a white Junior Mint w/ grits inside =P~, and hasn't returned.

namaste'

Yeah, but yours was on your scalp. Mine is in the middle of my face man, if I do get it chopped off, it will probably leave a scar, which is even worse. Any other suggestions? What about honey? Should I put that on it? :D

PS: I got called Ugly by some people I were merely passing, this sux.

see a doctor. you can get these things removed and drained. they are benign cysts, something doctors treat commonly and is no big deal removal process.

i did see the doctor, the doctor sent me to the derm lol. Thanks for the advice though, but man seriously, this is ruining my life, why does god do this to me? [-o<

why would u get suicidal EVERYONE has those, so don't worry about how ur face looks, i don't no more.

Guest agentx

Mr bigcyst ... just a thought ... i used to have quite BIG cysts ... all over my face, and seriously, i know how bad one can be...but imagine how bad 10 cud be ... so stop picking, thats what i did. Thank GOD that i only have only 2-3 left which are healing but i wouldnt dare LOOK at them, let alone touch them.

CheerS!

he's not talking about acne cysts. he has a cyst that needs to be drained. i used to have one underneath my gums when i got my teeth pulled when i was like 11. it got large and they had to drain it. you should seriously talk to your derm, not just let him do things. ask him questions. ask him if you can get this cyst drained.

i used to be like you too.. i had huge cysts man. they were on my cheeks everywhere. i question God for why he was doing that to me, and eventually i ditched him. but now that i looked back, God gave me acne cuz i was just too damn shallow. before i had acne i judged ppl on how they look what they were, what social status they r in. i was just an shallow candy ass.

then God sent me acne. then slowly i began to see ppl on the inside.

believe me, acne years was the hardest years of my life.. having family members ask me what is up wiht my face and friends laughing at it.. it just sucked.

well now i'm glad its over. my point is eveything happens for a reason.

i would just suggest u search for God and develop a relationship with him. just like i have.

as for the cysts.. i find that BP, sayslic acid or wutever, they dont' do anything at all. it dried out my skin and made it even worst.

if u think your acne is really bad, then i think u should go on antibotics or accutane..

Hey, I dont know if this will help but if the cyst is from acne then it probably will. TAKE LOTS OF B5. Seriously take like 10 grams a day, that would be 20 capsules if they are 500mg each. I took B5 and my acne is gone. i used to get these cyst-like things under my skin and now i dont. You have to fix the problem internally not just the symptom. B5 definately stops acne from forming, it doesn't just fix it after it has already formed. Also i found that jojoba oil helps too. You should really try this. Oh yeah and try not to pop or irritate your skin too much either.

I'm 17. I do get acne, but really really little. Like I swear, I get the smallest zits, but when I first got this I thought it was cancer cause it was so big. I've never had anything like it before. It's like it just decided to show up out of no where. I dont have acne problems except that cyst, thats it. Currently I'm putting salt water on it and putting honey. I think its helping and I will continue this except...

The cyst has gotten smaller from the sides, seems to be coming in, except for one problem. The areas where the cyst was on before has now turned brown, what is this? Anyone know? Could it be because I put BP on for a day? It's just brown indents, I hope it won't scar.

Please help me people.

And thanks for everything so far.

If NOTHING else seems to be working then why not just completely leave it alone and let nature run it's cause. Obviously it's a hard thing to do because you want to get rid of it as quickly as possible but from what i can gather you're just making the problem worse. As for your "derm" popping it, i'd say see another. Popping it is just prolonging the healing process.

Good Luck