Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robynxo

To wear or not to wear (Concealer)

If you wear concealer to cover your spots to feel better, is it worth making your skin worse? or should you just not cover them to benefit in the long term?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. If you wear concealer to cover your spots to feel better, is it worth making your skin worse? or should you just not cover them to benefit in the long term?

• Wear it whatever the consequences, to feel & look good.
    • It's OK to wear concealer if it's a drastic spot.
    • You shouldn't wear any at all, however bad it makes you feel

I have acne mostly on my lower cheek and chin areas, and I wear concealer whenever I leave the house. If I'm wearing concealer for longer than a few hours, I start feeling my skin clog up, even tho I dab my face to get rid of the oil. I feel self conscious without wearing concealer, but I've been told that I might look better without concealer as you can still see my spots even with it on. I try to just cover the really red spots, but then I can't help but carry on and hide EVERY MARK ON MY STUPID FACE. when i've literally masked my face I feel better because I look better, but this feeling goes once my face clogs up and i have to take my makeup off, revealing a few NEW spots that have ugly whiteheads. Does anyone else have problems with wearing makeup? do you think I should just go without, in hope of having a clear face? ahhhrhrhrhrhrggrgg

another problem is that i've always worn concealer around my boyfriend. he's never seen me without it. this weekend he's sleepin round for the first time, and i'm really scared cos he'll see my face after washing. i can't wear my concealer overnight! and i use benzamycin gel which i won't be able to use with him here because it makes my skin look all flaky and blotchy. any advice?

Robynxo,

i think u should keep wearing it but try another type of concealer like kryolan dermacolor. but if your concealer is clogging your face its just going to get worse and worse. so try another one. take a look at my posts in 'i want to stop wearing makeup' might help u aswell.

for the problem with your bf, u can wash your face in the evening to remove the days grime from your face then reapply the dermacolor a bit lighter to wear overnight it should last thru the night. just skip the gel it should be alright its not like u are going to be doing this forever.

how long have you been going out with him? if it's long enough and u guys are strong enough, u can talk it out with him. if he really likes you, i think he would not care too much. remember, it's not only your face that keeps u guys together.

Thanks, I'll have a look for that concealer, it sounds a good idea.

I've talked to him about it, and I know he doesn't mind about my skin. It's mainly my problem, cos I feel self conscious when I don't wear concealer. I'll just have to get over it I guess. If I can get over that with my boyfriend I think I could cope better in public because I don't care as much about what other people think.

I'm sure your boyfriend wont mind. Remember you'll be in the dark half the time anyway (unless you're planning to sleep with the lights on)!

No matter what brand of makeup I wear, I always break out if I wear it in the summertime. It's because of the heat and humidity, so I wear very little when I go out.

I only wear concealer but I make sure it is non comedogenic and put GermX in the cap just in case that helps. It makes me feel so much better not having noticeable red marks and bumps and it still looks natural. I don't wear it around the house with my boyfriend ( I use to wear makeup 24/7 because I was so uncomfortable with my skin) but I want to look good when we go out.

I wear concealer whenever I go out with the only exception of when I go to school

I couldn't bare going out the house without it! But I make sure that it's oil free and non-comeodogenic so that it doesn't clog my pores.

I have acne mostly on my lower cheek and chin areas, and I wear concealer whenever I leave the house. If I'm wearing concealer for longer than a few hours, I start feeling my skin clog up, even tho I dab my face to get rid of the oil. I feel self conscious without wearing concealer, but I've been told that I might look better without concealer as you can still see my spots even with it on. I try to just cover the really red spots, but then I can't help but carry on and hide EVERY MARK ON MY STUPID FACE. when i've literally masked my face I feel better because I look better, but this feeling goes once my face clogs up and i have to take my makeup off, revealing a few NEW spots that have ugly whiteheads. Does anyone else have problems with wearing makeup? do you think I should just go without, in hope of having a clear face? ahhhrhrhrhrhrggrgg

I'm considering going on accutane too. thanks 4 ur advice, iv been putting concealer on when i leave the house, but cleansing then reapplying it when i have a chance. i still get clogged up by wearing it but not as much. iv realised aswell that benzoyl peroxide kind of covers up my spots a bit when it dries, so at least i can do that when i dont want to wear concealer. im dreading starting back at school too, i think it might get a lot worse, cos il be wearing it all day, and resting my chin in my hands, etc. so my skin will get really oily n clogged up throughout the day sad.gif. hope u have luck with ur skin every1 smile.gif

today my skins got loads better even tho iv got concealer on again (im goin 2 a meal with my dad). i still dont like wearin it but its hard not to.

I didn't vote because none of the choices apply.

I say wear a concealer, but become a label reader, know the ingredients, and choose a concealer that is good for your skin! There is nothing wrong with wearing make-up so long as it makes you feel good, look good, and is good for you!

If wearing concealer is making you feel bad, or making your skin worse, than perhaps it isn't right for you?

yeh i guess, its just findin the right colour n something in my price range is hard. iv tried a lot, includin concealer for oily skin, sensitive skin, blah di blah. sometimes a concealer seems perfect for me because it covers well n everything, but they dont have my colour, cos im really light-skinned. i get ivory concealer, n thats just right, but i hardly ever find that colour.

Hey I thought of something else too-- its a trick that worked for me.... if i know that im going to be out for awhile and i might not get the chance to re-apply my make-up...i use a super SUPER light moisturizer before i put anything else on my face...so that after i moisturize my acne wont suck up my concealer as soon as i put it on-- i had never tried this before b/c it sounded absord to me to add "moisture" when i already had way to much oil, but my mom talked me into it and it really worked...i didnt end up getting any extra break outs either

hope this helps**

Hey I thought of something else too-- its a trick that worked for me.... if i know that im going to be out for awhile and i might not get the chance to re-apply my make-up...i use a super SUPER light moisturizer before i put anything else on my face...so that after i moisturize my acne wont suck up my concealer as soon as i put it on-- i had never tried this before b/c it sounded absord to me to add "moisture" when i already had way to much oil, but my mom talked me into it and it really worked...i didnt end up getting any extra break outs either

hope this helps**

damdamdam

got a bit sunburnt yesterday, n my skins already a bit red from the bp. goin in college 2 get my as level results, so thought id put on some concealer. i just look pink now! i feel like iv got 2 much on, but at least i dont look as red. hope it doesnt make my skin worse sad.gif iv not worn this much concealer in a while. il just have to take it off when i get home. i hate wearing it! ahh eusa_doh.gif

i use rimmel cover stick it doesnt say oil free or non pore clogging,oops!!!

i live in england anyone no what good ones to try????

i use rimmel cover stick it doesnt say oil free or non pore clogging,oops!!!

i live in england anyone no what good ones to try????