Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrlife

Questions before i decide to get differin

Ok i did search on differin and read most of the topics. But i have a few questions for those of you have been on differin.

1. When/if ya'll have the initial breakout. I heard everyone say its horrible. But i want to know what ya'll mean by horrible? 2- pimples? 2 cysts? Give me a good estimate of how many blemishes you get. When I hear horrible I think about like 12 zits.

2. Do you have better results with the gel or cream?

3. Does it help with the red/brown marks leftover by previous acne?

thats all i have for now thanks for those who replied!

1: i dont remember getting a horrible breakout when i started....it just took a little bit to kick in...but now i love it

2: I've only ever used the gel

3: for me personally, it does help with the red marks. it seems to make my skin look better over all....

ps...ive been using it with duac as well, and doryx

My initial breakout with Differin was about 2 weeks after I started. The initial breakout gave me clusters of small pimples on both cheeks. It wasn't awful, but definately bad enough to upset me. It didn't help with my red marks at all. All it did was make my skin worse. It's different for everyone, though.

My initial breakout with Differin was about 2 weeks after I started. The initial breakout gave me clusters of small pimples on both cheeks. It wasn't awful, but definately bad enough to upset me. It didn't help with my red marks at all. All it did was make my skin worse. It's different for everyone, though.

don't think it's EVER possible to estimate how many intial breakouts you'll get. It depends on so many factors; your skin condition, your compatibility with the product etc..

When I started to use Differin, I never had pimples on my cheeks, only on the sides of the temple erea and forehead.

After 3 weeks of differin ( cream at that time) my cheeks were covered I don't remember exactly but I would say about 4-6 pimples that were red and very noticeable. Not to mention my existing acne got worser. My doc warned me that it was normal for this to happen, it means the meds are working.

I was very patient cause the differin worked very very slow, for me atleast. I made my doctor add some other meds cause I wanted my face to clear up for my grauation.

So in about 3-4 months of Differin use, plus with clyndamycin and Doxy antibiotics the doc told me 95 % of the face cleared up well.

now after I finished my first tube of differin it was in cream, my doc switched me to the gel. The gel is said to be stronger, but more irritating. For me the differin did not help remove any red marks or scars, they kinda go away on their own SLOW.

I was happy with my results, but this past week I notice small zits coming out on my forehead so I'm freaked out.

Ok i did search on differin and read most of the topics. But i have a few questions for those of you have been on differin.

1. When/if ya'll have the initial breakout. I heard everyone say its horrible. But i want to know what ya'll mean by horrible? 2- pimples? 2 cysts? Give me a good estimate of how many blemishes you get. When I hear horrible I think about like 12 zits.

thats all i have for now thanks for those who replied!

1. It didn't give me any breakouts, just peeling skin. But it was too mild for me, so it didn't really do anything for me.

Only tried the gel.

Yes it does, since it encourages cell renewal and shedding of dead skin.