Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Simply_Me

QUESTIONS ABOUT ACCUTANE!

im not feelin the way i look rite now. i have great complexion and i tend to sweat a lot being in southside california and the heat is crazy in the summer times. i been using proactiv for about 3-4 yrs (on n off) i believe, it worked in the begining and i thought it was not fast enough, i switched to Murad and it made me break out a lot, i regret doin this younger, if i had a choice, i would of stuck to proactiv. proactiv i believe works for people wit out acne prone skin unlike me who sweat a lot n have high hormones. im a 20/m/light skin asian n been batling acne for sometime. recently i changed my diet, eating apples and drinking plenty of apple juice n water.

i recently came to this forum and i liked it hear. i been reading and notice that i have a lot of acne scars n big cysts (red flat bumps?) n some horrible hyperpigmentation of small light red n brown spots. whatever acne related wise, u name it, i got, i plan to post a pic soon. i say i have semi severe acne. my right side has always been bad.

bout a month or two ago i went on this program from a site thinking that it will work, it was the GEMINI acne laser, i paid like 800 dollars for 6 session and the doctor even gave me 2 more free session but it did not help. being a college student, i was out of money n all that does is zap the pimples n zits to hyperpigmentation of tiny light dark red n dark spots. the doctor have prescribed clindamycin for a bit, i didnt give it a try really but i switched back to proactiv now since i was breakin out wit new zits and cysts n pupules *wat is pupules?*. now stumbling upon this site, i wanna try to end my acne pain so i decided maybe its time for accutane. i also read about klydol *i tink thats wat its called* but dont know enough of it.

SO WHILE BEING ON ACCUTANE, ARE YOU ALLOW TO SMOKE MARIJUANA? IF NOT THEN HOW ABOUT ALCOHOL? AND IS ACCUTANE EXPENSIVE? I HAVE HMO BLUE SHIELD.

no one has replied to me so far in this forum and i dont know why i'm being ignored but i just want help like everyone else. thanks for ur time.

previous drug use:

acyclovir 400mg durin the gemini laser process *wat a waste of money*

every now and then occasionally smoke pot

not an alcoholic

Hey man, i doubt anyone has been ignoring you mate. Im on tane at the moment and it is eventually starting to work quite well, i'm really hopeful and for me the side effects have been very minimal...the hardest thing was not being able to go out in the sunshine.

The alcohol and maijuana question is a bit of a shady subject, i think the general consensus is that you can drink a few beers when you go out or now and again or smoke a couple of spliffs but just don't go overboard. As it says on the bottles "drink responsibley" wink.gif

My course is gonna set me back altogether about £350 so i guess about $500-550, not to sure of the exchange rate these days.

Hey man, i doubt anyone has been ignoring you mate. Im on tane at the moment and it is eventually starting to work quite well, i'm really hopeful and for me the side effects have been very minimal...the hardest thing was not being able to go out in the sunshine.

The alcohol and maijuana question is a bit of a shady subject, i think the general consensus is that you can drink a few beers when you go out or now and again or smoke a couple of spliffs but just don't go overboard. As it says on the bottles "drink responsibley" wink.gif

My course is gonna set me back altogether about £350 so i guess about $500-550, not to sure of the exchange rate these days.

first off, thanks for caring. second off, i have HMO BLUE SHIELDS OF AMERICA, wil this cover it? i sure hope so cuz it costed me an arm and a leg to try that GEMINI laserscope that didn't work well, can i use benzol peroxide on accutane? wat kinda mask u guys use? wow so many question, thanks for ur time.

first off, thanks for caring. second off, i have HMO BLUE SHIELDS OF AMERICA, wil this cover it? i sure hope so cuz it costed me an arm and a leg to try that GEMINI laserscope that didn't work well, can i use benzol peroxide on accutane? wat kinda mask u guys use? wow so many question, thanks for ur time.

Umm, i'm not sure about your health insurance scheme as i don't live in the US. In terms of what products you should use while on tane, i've found that the best plan of action is to keep it simple. Get yourself a good facial soap bar lots of moisturiser and lots of vaseline (for your lips) and you should be good to go. then you just let the drug do its thing, its not gonna be easy though and don't expect instant results. It took me 2 and a half months before i saw real improvement and even now my face is very red. That being said if you stick with it it really does kill the buggers!

i found that on accutane you get drunk faster.

after just a few beers i was pretty wasted so i was very careful about going overboard.

and to me, the hangover was a little worse.

i dont know about the marjuana