Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I can't stand how those Proactiv infomercials make it seem like acne is just so freakin easy to fix eusa_liar.gif ...I think it really sends the wrong impression to clear skinned people who don't understand that certain types of acne can be very persistent no matter what you use to treat it, and that different things work for different people...I can't tell you how many times I've overheard people around me make comments about someone with acne and say something like...."Why doesn't that guy with acne just buy some proactiv to fix his face?" Or "Wow I saw a girl today who looked like she really needed some Proactiv" rolleyes.gif ...Then I feel like saying "Um, hello...just because they make it seem like a miracle cure on TV doesn't mean it really works for everyone" eusa_doh.gif ....And now with all these stupid celebrities endorsing it like Jessica Simpson and freakin' P. Diddy it makes it even worse...I think it's sickening that they are using a disease that devestates and emotionally cripples so many people simply to fill their own pockets and get some more exposure eusa_naughty.gif ...I heard they each got paid millions of dollars to appear in those ads and just say that they use it when we all know they probably don't doubt.gif ...They both seem so greedy to me, like they would do anything as long as you throw some more millions in their face...If they really cared so much about acne, they'd donate all the money they were paid to support acne research...Sorry for the long rant, I'm just frustrated with acne in general and stupid Proactiv is not helping the situation eusa_wall.gif

Guest virgo

You are so right.. I fell for the stupid ads because seeing them was just the last straw and I was fed up with my bad skin, it was the first approach I took to my acne problem. I used the stuff for about 6 months, and after that I did stop getting cysts. I'm not sure if the proactiv did it, or if my body just changed. When my mom called to cancel (they kept effing sending box after box of the system) the lady on the phone kept offering her all these products and my mom had to wrestle with her just to cancel the account.

You know what else? I'm an aspiring actor/model, and I have seen on some of these casting websites, they (i'm not sure if its proactiv or some other acne product company) actually LOOK for teen models who have clear skin who USED TO have bad skin, to perform in their commercials and say that they used the product. Can you believe that?? It's ridiculous.

You know what else? I'm an aspiring actor/model, and I have seen on some of these casting websites, they (i'm not sure if its proactiv or some other acne product company) actually LOOK for teen models who have clear skin who USED TO have bad skin, to perform in their commercials and say that they used the product. Can you believe that?? It's ridiculous.

I think acne is mainly an internal problem, if you really want to stop it, you ahve to attack it from the inside out, not the other way around

I tried proactive for a while because I heard through a friend that it did work for her. This was years ago, before all the celebrity sponsorship. But her acne was so different than mine. Mine was definitely a deeper kind of acne (cystic) and topicals in general did not help me at all.

hahah, are u using proactive?... then u are like 'do u know what roaccutane is?... no, well goodbye.

I can't stand how those Proactiv infomercials make it seem like acne is just so freakin easy to fix  eusa_liar.gif ...I think it really sends the wrong impression to clear skinned people who don't understand that certain types of acne can be very persistent no matter what you use to treat it, and that different things work for different people...I can't tell you how many times I've overheard people around me make comments about someone with acne and say something like...."Why doesn't that guy with acne just buy some proactiv to fix his face?" Or "Wow I saw a girl today who looked like she really needed some Proactiv"  rolleyes.gif ...Then I feel like saying "Um, hello...just because they make it seem like a miracle cure on TV doesn't mean it really works for everyone"  eusa_doh.gif ....And now with all these stupid celebrities endorsing it like Jessica Simpson and freakin' P. Diddy it makes it even worse...I think it's sickening that they are using a disease that devestates and emotionally cripples so many people simply to fill their own pockets and get some more exposure  eusa_naughty.gif ...I heard they each got paid millions of dollars to appear in those ads and just say that they use it when we all know they probably don't  doubt.gif ...They both seem so greedy to me, like they would do anything as long as you throw some more millions in their face...If they really cared so much about acne, they'd donate all the money they were paid to support acne research...Sorry for the long rant, I'm just frustrated with acne in general and stupid Proactiv is not helping the situation  eusa_wall.gif

i was watching t.v. at 2 AM one time, and there was a proactiv infomercial. after a while it showed celebrities using their product. that's when i saw p. diddy talking about how proactiv helped him--it showed is before picture and there was one zit on his jaw line. it's really an insult to people with actual acne.

Yeh. Lets kill that Vanessa slag...

And Jessica Simpson...

AND Elle Macpherson...

OOHH!!! AND that Vanessa gurls brother...

I think acne is mainly an internal problem, if you really want to stop it, you ahve to attack it from the inside out, not the other way around

biggrin.gif I totally agree with that, my dermo told me that.. following that advice got me clear... without needing to apply layers of junk to my skin.