Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pngwyn

Anyone heard of toothpaste cure...?

My friend claimed that TOOTHPASTE got rid of her acne back when she had it.

She said she would apply a tiny amount to the troubled areas right before bed, then wash it off in the morning with water.

She also said something about the acne being suffocated.. or something.. but then she talked about bleeding and scabs and stuff @[email protected];; so I'm kinda hesitant on trying..

Does anyone know if this would be safe/effective? Or even hear of it before?

Toothpaste is an old trick to get rid of a pimple over night. Personally, it never works for me. It's not meant to be used all over the face, it's just a spot treatment. Supposedly it works for some people, but not for me.

Toothpaste is an old trick to get rid of a pimple over night.  Personally, it never works for me.  It's not meant to be used all over the face, it's just a spot treatment.  Supposedly it works for some people, but not for me.

O yea the toothpaste...... lol.gif

I know two people who claims toothpaste cure their acne. But their cases are mild.. probably a normal BP would cure the acne.

I tried toothpaste myself but didnt get any results sad.gif

Yeah I know a couple people that it works for. You can also put honey on them too, since it has anti-bacterial and microbacterial effects. I put it on a part of my cheek that seems to never stop breaking out and I actually haven't had any new ones in that area.

The reason that you are not supposed to use toothpaste on your entire face is because it can be too strong on certain areas. Many people suffer from chemical burns trying to do this (myself included). If you do decide to use toothpaste, it has to have flouride in it or it wont work, but be warned, it can make things worse. eusa_naughty.gif

It worked for my sister, But she has good skin (lucky her) I've heard that it can give you blackheads. I have not tried it but my sister has not got blackheads from it.

Tried it before it didn't work!!

You can spot treat with something that has a high percentage of Sulfur by using the Proactive Mask but just as a Spot Treatment or using the Queen Helene

I spot treat with Honey as bad as that sounds it really works!!

yeh, toothpaste on ur whole face will burn like hell and just irritate and overdry your skin. spot treatment is just to dry the pimple out but it is ok in a small spot.

My friend claimed that TOOTHPASTE got rid of her acne back when she had it.

She said she would apply a tiny amount to the troubled areas right before bed, then wash it off in the morning with water.

She also said something about the acne being suffocated.. or something.. but then she talked about bleeding and scabs and stuff @[email protected];; so I'm kinda hesitant on trying..

Does anyone know if this would be safe/effective? Or even hear of it before?

i've put it on those freshly popped BIG ONES for about 12 hours and it makes them decrease in size but thatsa bout it lol

<3

I tried that, didn't help my skin at all, dried it off and bloody hard to get off your skin, you literally have to scrub it which of course makes your face look red and if you put it on spots which have heads, it doesn't help them and when you come to washing the toothpaste off, the head comes with it which can cause scarring.

I tried it too... I put it on a pimple and all it did was dry out my skin, leaving a big, red, irritated, peeling area. Theres better, and more appropriate, stuff to put on a pimple than toothpaste.

If toothpaste was a cure, they would sell it with "cures acne" on the label.

It might relieve the pain, cool the irritation BUT that's it.

It will irritate your skin, clog your pores, even burn.

It's a coincidence if your pimples faded away! It was just meant to go away!

I heard the toothpaste one. I think I read somewhere that its got something in it thats meant to decrease redness in the gums so you don't look like you have GINGIVITIS, so when you put it on a big red pimple it takes the redness away... supposedly. I used it one time mixed with sorboline (sp?) cream so it wouldn't burn me. I might have just imagined that it was a little less red, I don't think it really worked.

I did this on my shoulder once because i hat a huge zit i wanted to get rid of it stung pretty bad... it did make the pimple go down over night but right now I have the biggest pit scar there and I usually don't scar