Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VintageWear

My 1st Personal Regimen

First and foremost I would like to thank this community in giving us a common goal for better skin. If I had known sooner about acne.org I think I wouldn't have used half of the antibiotics the Derms prescribed me.

About me:

20 years old. Hispanic. Single eusa_dance.gifrolleyes.gif

Skin: oily skin / mild to moderate acne/ mild to moderate scarring / enlarged pores

Effects: Anti-Social / lacking self-confidence / Depression. Obesession- I went to Dr. Zizmor and paid $500 for just a consultation visit + $200 per visit and you know what he gave me? - Erythromycin. Yep, It cleared me up in 3 months and left me with scars. I was that desperate. Guess what? It came back at full throttle after I stopped and I became Immune to it. What a waste of $$

I think I've tried everything on counter-meds when I was 12-17.

Old Meds: Acne's Cure. Doxycycline. Erythromycin. Minocyclin. Tetracyclin. Banzamycin. Basically I think I've tried all the oral medications in hopes that it will cure my acne or atleast for the meantime.

Currently on: Benzamycin only.

Morning & Night

Exfolialiting Noxzima (day & night)

Benzamycin

Moisturizer

I haven't gone on Accutane. I don't want that to come back and haunt me like Erythromycin did. I'm just trying to control it. eusa_pray.gif

So far. Im starting to break out. I used makeup for a week straight (Clinique) and I saw breakouts the next day. Regardless. I stopped with the makeup & I'm doing this Regimen stuff continuously & I'm not eating fast-food (I know, I know but it doesn't help to have a good diet)

Anyways. I'll post up my horrible pics & give me any suggestions. What I can do. Or if I should change anything. Any suggestions would be freatly appreciated.

Pictures:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

$500 for a consultation visist? shock.gif

So... You've probably had this suggested before, but have you considered birthcontrol pills like Diane? They're supposed to be good if you have oily skin.

And if you decided to go on Tane, I dont think you would have the same effect you had with the erythromycin; Tane seems to be the only medication that keeps you clear even after you stop taking it, while all others require that you keep using them. I think its kind of strange that you didnt get a topical prescribed with the antibiotics, because you can only be on antibiotics for so long before you risk getting resistant. Having said that, I see Tane as a lasts resort, but it seems youve tried most of the products out there.

so anyway, just wanted to wish you good luck, I hope this regimen will clear you up.

Yup, $500 without any hesitation. He's the one who "cured acne" and had people saying "Thanks Doctor Zizmor!", I wanted to be that next person too. Because I was acne free for 6 months and then it came back. So I went to "the best" rolleyes.gif

When I tell my Derm about Tane what is the medical name for it? Or should I go to him and say, "Hey Doctor how about Tane?" confused.gif

Yes, that was my next step of taking birth control pils. I'm still just concentrating on topical treatments

But thanx for the reply.

I haven't been on this board for some time.

I would like to tell you my updates.

I'm getting active pimples on my cheeks still 1 on each side but slowly they're going away.

Heavy marks from the pimples on the pics

Pimples on my chin are starting but not too serious 1 or 2 small ones

I'm seeing a guy, my confidence is up smile.gif

Good luck on your regimen!

I had to ask though.. is Dr. Zizmor as creepy in person as he is in the subway ads?

I haven't been on this board for some time.

I would like to tell you my updates.

I'm getting active pimples on my cheeks still 1 on each side but slowly they're going away.

Heavy marks from the pimples on the pics

Pimples on my chin are starting but not too serious 1 or 2 small ones

I'm seeing a guy, my confidence is up smile.gif