Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HeDuki9

Skin worsened by TCA peels??

It seems like TCA is all the rage on this board nowdays. I feel that there are not enough warnings posted on this board about the dangers of TCA. It scares me to death thinking that others could be worsening thier skin and scars.

I used TCA to perform the TCA cross method, and now have two larger scars than the old ones were. It has been over a year now. So yes they are permenant.

I have had a lot of sucess with skin bio peptides and glycolic acid to help rebuild these areas. They have slowely improved over the course of this past year. However, the scars are still worse than before the TCA.

I don't have the money to go to a derm. So please don't post and tell me about how I should have went to one. I am posting this to let others know that TCA in my personal opinion is not for the home peeler.

I hope someone will read this and think twice about TCA.

Note to narsasitic people:

It's been punishment enough to have worse scars than before. Please refrain from posting abusive comments about my experience. Thank you.

It seems like TCA is all the rage on this board nowdays. I feel that there are not enough warnings posted on this board about the dangers of TCA. It scares me to death thinking that others could be worsening thier skin and scars.

I used TCA to perform the TCA cross method, and now have two larger scars than the old ones were. It has been over a year now. So yes they are permenant.

I have had a lot of sucess with skin bio peptides and glycolic acid to help rebuild these areas. They have slowely improved over the course of this past year. However, the scars are still worse than before the TCA.

I don't have the money to go to a derm. So please don't post and tell me about how I should have went to one.  I am posting this to let others know that TCA in my personal opinion is not for the home peeler. 

It's been punishment enough to have worse scars than before. Please refrain from posting abusive comments about my experience.  Thank you.

i had the same experience. Somehow some areas i dont have scars, after a peel i can see scars!!!

I'm glad you created this thread. It would be helpful for other people trying TCA Cross if you shared your experience, and the information on this is so minimal.

What type of scars you crossed and how many of each?

What % of TCA did you use?

How many times you did CROSS and how long did you wait in between?

What type of skin (I - IV)?

How old are you? I ask about your age because some members stated that TCA works best for people in their 20's and younger.

Thanks.

I'm glad you created this thread.  It would be helpful for other people trying TCA Cross if you shared your experience, and the information on this is so minimal.

How old are you?  I ask about your age because some members stated that TCA works best for people in their 20's and younger. 

Thanks.

Sorry trying but, the medical study on TCA CROSS was performed on 35-45 year olds and they had excellent results so I don’t think the 20’s or younger age range applies. Also do you know how to perform the searches on this forum? If so you will find that the information is not minimal and there is much discussion on this. There is one particular CROSS thread this is 60+ pages long that will take you hours to read. Trust me I did.

This thread is also linked in the FAQ.

If you read the CROSS posts on this forum you will find some people had significant improvement and other had scars get worse. Even the same person would report some of their scars got worse and others improved. It sounds to me like you should probably stick to what the study used which is 65% to 100% TCA and just because you bought it off ebay and they said 100%, is it really? I imagine some of the weaker concentrations just tend to eat away the superficial layer of the scar and aren’t strong enough to go into the dermis to trigger proper healing.

I used to think CROSS was the way to go but after seeing quite a bit of negative feedback it just seems like too much of a gamble. If you do a search on needling you will find hardly any negative results from it. The people who had negative results were people that didn’t see improvement but their scars didn’t get worse. For most people however significant results were achieved after 2-3 cycles. So really this is much less of a gamble and no it’s not as cheap as buying TCA off ebay and some toothpicks if you go to a professional. But it is something you can do yourself with the right needles. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Colin

I'm glad you created this thread.  It would be helpful for other people trying TCA Cross if you shared your experience, and the information on this is so minimal.

How old are you?  I ask about your age because some members stated that TCA works best for people in their 20's and younger. 

Thanks.

Sorry trying but, the medical study on TCA CROSS was performed on 35-45 year olds and they had excellent results so I don’t think the 20’s or younger age range applies. Also do you know how to perform the searches on this forum? If so you will find that the information is not minimal and there is much discussion on this. There is one particular CROSS thread this is 60+ pages long that will take you hours to read. Trust me I did.

This thread is also linked in the FAQ.

If you read the CROSS posts on this forum you will find some people had significant improvement and other had scars get worse. Even the same person would report some of their scars got worse and others improved. It sounds to me like you should probably stick to what the study used which is 65% to 100% TCA and just because you bought it off ebay and they said 100%, is it really? I imagine some of the weaker concentrations just tend to eat away the superficial layer of the scar and aren’t strong enough to go into the dermis to trigger proper healing.

I used to think CROSS was the way to go but after seeing quite a bit of negative feedback it just seems like too much of a gamble. If you do a search on needling you will find hardly any negative results from it. The people who had negative results were people that didn’t see improvement but their scars didn’t get worse. For most people however significant results were achieved after 2-3 cycles. So really this is much less of a gamble and no it’s not as cheap as buying TCA off ebay and some toothpicks if you go to a professional. But it is something you can do yourself with the right needles. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Colin

I agree. I read the entire TCA cross thread when I was a new member here and the study. I even ordered some 50% that I still haven't used. I don't think I'll ever use it now, unless I dilute it a whole bunch and use it for a peel eventually. Frankly, I just don't want to take the risk w/ cross. Not that I don't believe Cross works, because it has for a lot of people, there is still that percentage of people that it made their scars worse. I just can't afford to take that risk.

I don't have the money to go to a derm. So please don't post and tell me about how I should have went to one.  I am posting this to let others know that TCA in my personal opinion is not for the home peeler. 

It's been punishment enough to have worse scars than before. Please refrain from posting abusive comments about my experience.  Thank you.

I am using glycolic acid and skinbio cp's as well and I find that they really work for me, but it is a slow process. Some of us have been wondering if the improvement is temporary. I sure hope it is permanent. I have also heard that salicylic acid peels work really good w/ cp's too.

I have read all the posts on TCA Cross already. A few people reported negative results, but they don't go into detail about their experience. Also I did see a trend in which younger people received better results.

Once again, it would be helpful if people with negative results with TCA Cross wrote about their experiences in detail.