Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mi_mi

Any asians with acne scars?

I'm chinese with acne around my mouth and forehead, cysts, whiteheads, one that hurt >_< , my skin is oily, are there any other asians with this skin type out there that can help me?

I'm chinese with acne around my mouth and forehead, cysts, whiteheads, one that hurt >_< , my skin is oily, are there any other asians with this skin type out there that can help me?

Yes, I'm Asian too. I occasionally use Differin, which requires a prescription. I also spot treat with benzoyl peroxide, the over the counter type. It helped with my cystic acne.

Originally my dermatologist recommened the Differin at night, and antibiotic gel called Clindamycin T Gel during the day. Eventually I didn't need the daytime gel.

I would recommend seeing a dermatologist if you haven't already. If it is severe and is causing scarring then you may want to consider Accutane. I would do some research on it first. There are people on this forum who are on Accutane.

Medications work differently on different people.

Guest Mr K

Consult a derm, Ive been on differin and eryacne gel.

yea i used the clindamycin and differin combo, and it worked for me, i hardly break out but yet im still oily, but not much breakouts.

I also use hibiclens to cleanse my skin, I think its one of the most important factors of me not breaking out.

Get accutane biggrin.gif My skin feels so unbelievably smooth, my scars are unusually disappearing at a rapid rate, and I'm oil free!

I know how you feel about those damn whiteheads around your mouth. They're the most annoying ones of all!!

Mi Mi I have oily skin too, but I'm clear up because I took Diane 35 for 6 months. It worked on the 2nd week for me. After I stopped taking it I went and got facials and that helped alot too. If you are interested in topicals, I remember using Dan's Benzoyl Peroxide and it worked well.

Guest frogprince

i'm asian too.. filipino

you are new to these forums...

try the regimen, try dan's bp gel. many people have had success

with the product.

good luck

Get accutane biggrin.gif My skin feels so unbelievably smooth, my scars are unusually disappearing at a rapid rate, and I'm oil free!

I know how you feel about those damn whiteheads around your mouth. They're the most annoying ones of all!!

Guest virgo

for one of my scars i used scarzone cream and it worked.. but it took a long time

I heard accutane has bad side affects and stuff, and my parents are really strict about any medicine i take, they only believe in "natural" stuff tongue.gif

yeah this sucks lol

im vietnamese and im 20 years old. i have oily and acne-prone skin. it sucks! anyways, last year my friend took me to this vietnamese facial place and they gave me these cleanser and cream thing to treat my acne. it seemed to help. i would say my skin improve significantly. i live in the bay area, california. if you are interested, i can give u contacts of place. maybe they can help you.

im vietnamese and im 20 years old. i have oily and acne-prone skin. it sucks! anyways, last year my friend took me to this vietnamese facial place and they gave me these cleanser and cream thing to treat my acne. it seemed to help. i would say my skin improve significantly. i live in the bay area, california. if you are interested, i can give u contacts of place. maybe they can help you.

i'm japanese. a combination of salicylic acid peels (20%), actic acid peels (40%), emu oil, and vitamin C and alpha hydroxy products by physician's choice have been helping my scars and redness tons!