Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dazarooni

Cost of Subcision/Excision in the UK

Hello everyone.

Can someone in the UK who has excision/subcision performed please tell me how much the procedure costs and does the price go by the size of the area treated or otherwise? I would really appreciate your help. Thank you smile.gif

You can have subcision and punch excision done for free on the NHS with some dermatologists, notably Dr A. Chu at the Hammersmith Hospital (Imperial College, London).

They tend to cost around £150 if you pay for them, I believe.

Thanks for that Rossignol.

Does the price increase if more than one scar is being treated or is it a fixed price?

is subcision/excision a good procedure for dramatically reducing the appearance of scars and can it only be used on certain types of scars or can it be used for all types- rolling, boxcar and ice-pick. smile.gif

I found a clinic in Northern Ireland that offers a wide range of treatments for acne scarring. Treatments including Laser, Non ablative laser, Skin fillers, Subcision, excision and suturing. I called the clinic and was quoted an approximate price of £289 for punch grafts on one cheek and £375 for punch grafts on 2 cheeks. I think i'm gonna book a consultation and see how it all goes as the dermatologist will tell me what will suit me best and if i would need a combination of different treatments.

The consultation price is £90.

Heres some info on the Dermatologist-

The clinic is headed by Dr Julian Handley MD FRCP, Consultant Dermatologist who has specific expertise in cosmetic skin and laser surgery and hair transplantation. Dr Handley is a current member of the British Association of Dermatologists (BAD), International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS), American Society of Medical and Laser Surgery(ASMLS), and a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD).

the website is- www.nidex.com/laser/

I live in Ireland and have not been able to find anyone appropriately qualified.

Please let me know how it goes and i might make a trip up there myself

I found a clinic in Northern Ireland that offers a wide range of treatments for acne scarring. Treatments including Laser, Non ablative laser, Skin fillers, Subcision, excision and suturing. I called the clinic and was quoted an approximate price of £289 for punch grafts on one cheek and £375 for punch grafts on 2 cheeks. I think i'm gonna book a consultation and see how it all goes as the dermatologist will tell me what will suit me best and if i would need a combination of different treatments.

The consultation price is £90.

Heres some info on the Dermatologist-

The clinic is headed by Dr Julian Handley MD FRCP, Consultant Dermatologist who has specific expertise in cosmetic skin and laser surgery and hair transplantation. Dr Handley is a current member  of the British Association of Dermatologists (BAD), International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS), American Society of Medical and Laser Surgery(ASMLS), and a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD).

the website is- www.nidex.com/laser/

Yeah i know what you mean John. I am from Northern Ireland but i'm based in Scotland most of the time and was looking for a clinic that offers a wide range of treatments like those i mentioned earlier, but there were none and i came across that clinic in N Ireland by chance. I'm booked in for an appointment but i have to wait over 2 months... ugh sad.gif The derm is all booked up and his secretary told me that if i go ahead and get something done then it might not be until JANUARY OR FEBRUARY OF NEXT YEAR, due to how busy Dr Handley is. eusa_wall.gif