Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Polka

acne = premature skin aging?

I'm sure years and years of acne can make your skin age prematurely compared to other areas of the body.

I mean I look at my arm and the skin looks amazing, the skin on my face is a lot more red wrinkled and bumpy.

I'm telling you acne has aged my face's skin by 10 years.

What dya all think?

I personally heard the opposite. People with acne tend to look younger when their in their 40s or whatever because their skin was oily in their teen-adulthood that it hydrated the skin in a way from not getting wrinkly while people with dry/normal skin tend to get wrinkles sooner.

I hope you got that

oil+skin=moistured skin=no wrinkles

dry+skin=dehydrated skin=wrinkles

basically thats why alot of people say asians look so young because in fact asians have oily skin.

Oily skin keeps you looking younger longer.....I'm 34 and still get carded sometimes smile.gif I still look like I'm in my 20's but I've also used Retin A and Tazorac which both help with wrinkles.

well obviously acne isnt good for your skin.. its possible that it could cause premature aging but i doubt it will make much of a difference.. the drying products you use on ur face will probably make more of a difference.

Guest tenshigirl25

yah its true..my parents are 55 and they have no wrinkles at all and thye had bad skin when they were younger. so i guess we are the lucky ones that look bad when we are young and then look good when we are old.. eusa_shifty.gif

I personally heard the opposite. People with acne tend to look younger when their in their 40s or whatever because their skin was oily in their teen-adulthood that it hydrated the skin in a way from not getting wrinkly while people with dry/normal skin tend to get wrinkles sooner.

I hope you got that

oil+skin=moistured skin=no wrinkles

dry+skin=dehydrated skin=wrinkles

basically thats why alot of people say asians look so young because in fact asians have oily skin.

Hi I guess that makes sense...

But in my case I have moderate scarring, just check my gallery.

Also my skin is very wrinkled. I mean NEVER SQUEEZE YOUR SPOTS. Because after years of doing it my skin wrinkles badly when I press it etc. Thats why I think my skin looks and feels so terrible.

Thanks all.

Hi I guess that makes sense...

But in my case I have moderate scarring, just check my gallery.

Also my skin is very wrinkled. I mean NEVER SQUEEZE YOUR SPOTS. Because after years of doing it my skin wrinkles badly when I press it etc. Thats why I think my skin looks and feels so terrible.

Thanks all.

I personally feel that my skin is aging more quickly than my actual age, and I have oily skin. I have also heard what they say about people with oily skin and how they look younger, longer, but in my case, I'm not so sure.

It may be due to dehydration, lack of sleep, not enough vitamins and minerals. It's difficult to say.

Sometimes it's saddening feeling like I will never have nice skin. I miss how it was when I was younger. It's not the most important thing, but sometimes, even if my acne was gone, I would still feel my skin has lost a certain part of its youth, and I'll never get that back.

It's hard feeling like underneath the flaws that could have been prevented (maybe), there is something nice that could be reflected but that won't ever fully be seen.

You know, the thing is, aging is a natural process, and we have to try to accept and embrace it, but when it comes before the time you feel it should, it's tough.

Time already passes quickly enough.

Wrinkles can be beautiful, when they display the joy and sadness you've lived, but when they mostly reflect a stressed, exhausted and unhealthy part of you, it's not pleasant.

You know, the thing is, aging is a natural process, and we have to try to accept and embrace it, but when it comes before the time you feel it should, it's tough.

Time already passes quickly enough.

Wrinkles can be beautiful, when they display the joy and sadness you've lived,  but when they mostly reflect a stressed, exhausted and unhealthy part of you, it's not pleasant.

Retin A and similar gels and creams are supposed to be good to avoid wrinkels... I heard about this woman who had abnormal amounts of wrinkles for her age so her derm put her on Retin A.

Im not going from acne to wrinkels, Im f-cking not. I want to have nice skin at least some part of my life.

Well the little marks and indentments make it look like shit so I suppose you could be on to something here! lol Not got any wrinkles or anything from acne though. Dunno. Maybe some of the products people use could affect their skin in this way.

My sister told me about a women who was on Oprah once and who had beautiful skin, glowing and just incredible. People wanted to know her secret, and she said vaginal cream! She said she applies vaginal cream on her face and hemorroid cream around her eyes daily.

My sister told me about a women who was on Oprah once and who had beautiful skin, glowing and just incredible.  People wanted to know her secret, and she said vaginal cream!  She said she applies vaginal cream on her face and hemorroid cream around her eyes daily.