Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone,

You know how the doctors and everyone else tells you not to pick your pimples and we still do it because somehow you just can't resist. Well, for me picking pimples is like a habit and it just makes me want to kill myself when i see the results afterwards. This is what happened.

Last week, I had great skin. I mean really great pretty skin. I used to have forehead acne for years but now no one can even tell that there was anything there. I still had about 3 disgusting pimples on the left side of my cheek and they always drive me crazy because i want to get rid of them so badly. And so I was looking at myself in the bathroom mirror trying to wish them off. And then I started squeezing it. Nothing came out, and I kept squeezing. I think something just came over me, and I kept on squeezing obsessively trying to clean up all of my pores. And I was so sorry the next day. Where i used to have nearly clear skin on my left cheek, I now had red marks (huge one), scabs. It is so embarrassing.

The deal is I just want to beg all of you to not pick your skin because it will look worse okay. Please don't pick. It has now been about a week, and the marks are healing and less red but still you feel like all the progress you have made is gone down the drain.

For anyone that is interested in knowing my skin regimen, I follow Dan's regimen and it works pretty well. I do use 5% BP and OLay All day complete moisturizer though. I wanted to finish what i have before following Dan's suggested products completely. I think his skin care advice really works, because I can tell that my skin is healing.

I am also on Nature's Cure.

Guest virgo

Omg I know what you mean... I had a zit on my cheek and I kept squeezing and squeezing... and it turned into this huge red bump.. and now its like this red raised scar type thing.. I don't even know what it is... but it's been there now for so long. Like months. I'm not even kidding. Now I have like 4 of them on my face and I don't know how to get rid of them!! I was looking back on pictures and videos of me, where I have beautiful skin besides just like 2 skin colored bumps on my forehead... and it just makes me want to cry, because the stuff my dermatologist is giving me is showing minimal improvements. I just think that if only I had waited it out through the bad and not picked... I could have nice skin now, and not have to suffer so much psychologically. I know it's tempting, like a mosquito bite is to scratch.. but please just don't touch your acne unless you're washing it.. I guess that's all I can really say :'(

yeah i used to pick alot and i felt horrible after

i notice that whenever i get on the regimen however, i have no urge to pick. ill go from picking everyday to nto picking at all. i guess i don't want to get bp on my fingers or something

Hi guys.

Hope ya'll haven't been picking.

Thank goodness my acne scars are starting to fade a little, and the scabs are also naturally coming off.

I have found that the egg white -lemon mask really does wonders. I just crack open an egg, use the egg white, put in a little squeeze of lemon (because you don't want it to be too sour on your face), and then apply to your face. It doesn't smell nice but once you take off the mask, oh goodness, you will look poreless and so clean. For those friends that pick and have post marks, I also think that this mask has helped me relieve some of those marks. So good luck!

PS- once you feel the mask tightening and dried, take it off (about 10 minutes)

hah yeah i think mostly everyone has been through that! i sure have. i've kicked that habit recently, but i still touch my pimples.. ughh confused.gif but ya know at least i stopped picking! and to everyone out there listen to ixtt1234 and don't pick!!

Umm... has anyone had any good experiences picking? For example, has anyone ever cautiously popped a zit and squeezed out the pus only to have it heal instantly without scarring?

I try extremely hard not to pick, but when I do, I put Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque or Bye Bye Blemish drying lotion on it right afterwards and the results are not that bad. It usually heals in a couple of days afterwards.

my mom use to tell me to pick at my pimples when i was about 15.. i was like no it will get worse..

but for my mom noticing back then i picked at my pimples quite a bit.. and man my face was always red... but i stopped picking and my face is better but there are still a little past marks left over.

oh and when i think about it.. in the past i would get an ocassional pimple on my back and she would pick at it.. argghhh i think its nasty and it hurts!

im glad i don't have it no more.

Umm... has anyone had any good experiences picking? For example, has anyone ever cautiously popped a zit and squeezed out the pus only to have it heal instantly without scarring?

Personally I've never had a good experience come out of picking. If anything, it just makes my pimple look more red and enlarged. Lately I've been really good about not touching my face and things seem to clear up more quickly biggrin.gif Still getting new ones everyday though doubt.gif but I'm trying to start Dan's regimen so hopefully I don't have to worry about picking haha.

I'm just waiting to get Dan's BP. But while I wait, I'm using some benzaclin during the BP step because it's worked for me in the past, hopefully it's not too irritating though...I try to use Dan's advice about face washing and being gentle and patient.

Hmm, I might be just one of the few lucky ones, but although I'm a pathological picker (embrarrassed to say), it has never done any major damage to my skin. I have gone through almost a decade of acne, and I have zero scarring (and thanks to Dan's regime, I am also perfectly clear right now). I have found that there is a certain kind of pimple that disappears almost instantly when killed violently, while it can linger there for weeks if left untouched. Perhaps it's just me, though razz.gif

I have pressed so hard on a pimple that the skin on my face actually rubbed off! The pimple got bigger and nothing ever did come out of it! That was about 2 months ago. Now I have a flesh colored scar right between my eyebrows. I always regret squeezing AFTERWARDS, and I always say that I will never squeeze again, but I always do.

Oh gosh . . . I know how you all feel. I think I would have fairly pretty skin if I didn't pick at it because I haven't been breaking out that much since I finished Accutane. But boy does picking make it worse . . . and then I always say that I'll never do it again, but I always find myself picking at scabs or little pimples on my face. It's so annoying . . . if any of you have any tips on how to stop, PLEASE POST!!

stupid skin you cnabuy it in bulk at drugstore.com and just pay shipping

No luck im afraid.

I tried to and got the following message:

Due to shipping regulations, we are unable to ship this product internationally. Please remove this product from the cart.

Annoying because i also really wanted to try neosporin aswell and buy them both from the same place but the error message popped up in relation to the queen helens mask... :(