Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest virgo

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Guest virgo

I go to my dermatologist for prescriptions (i use lustra af for the dark spots and hydrocortisone for these red raised areas i have..), but they are all used after I wash my face. So I decided to experiment with the different products that I use to actually wash my face. I bought the neutrogena oil free acne wash, the orange gel-type one that comes in the pump bottle. I've only been using it for a couple of days, though. Has anyone used this? What kind of results have you had? thanks!

i use the neutragena at night, and cetaphil in the morning. i guess neutragena is good, it gets the oil off, i never just wash my face and go to bed without putting other stuff on my face so i can't really judge how it handels by its self.

Guest virgo

Oh.. I don't even have oily skin... its just that I get little zits on my cheeks all the time. When I was on Benza-Clin I wouldnt get them.. but I'm not on it anymore, I just use Lustra for my dark spots... gah.

I have combo skin, I would not say it is oily and I LOVE NEUTROGENA OIL FREE ACNE WASH CREAM CLEANSER. The orange gel kind is way too drying for me. I only use it at night. In the morning I use MD Formulations facial cleanser (the kind for combo skin).

i use the orange gel and have noticed it works pretty well with bumps but makes them fade into faint red marks, which take longer to clear up. However, they are so faint that most people who see me from 6-7 feet away or more think i have perfectly clear skin.

Honey, It wont work

NOTHING from over the counter works.

Especially Proactiv...BLEH I HATE THAT STUFFF!

Hmm... so yeah I still have a few really tiny bumps, but my skin feels ok I guess

On the neutrogena website it says

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

is the #1 dermatologist recommended cleanser to fight acne and help keep skin clear.

I used to use it but it was WAY to overdrying for me.. and I have severely oily face during mid-day hours.. It kept me clear for a few months then it just stopped working and my acne went up hill from there. So I switched to the Clean and Clear Deep Wash Creme and its been helping me allot.

it does contain SA... oh yeah i forgot to mention i use the savon/osco storebrand of it.. but its supposed to be like the same thing.

it doesn't dry out my skin though, and my skin is not oily either