Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

MILK! WHICH MILK IS THE BEST DUDES?

Hi, I'm 14. I dont have that much acne now. I could see that by me not drinking that much milk my acne reduced to very very mild acne.

Is Reduced Fast 2% any good?

Vitamin D milk?

Or Skim milk? tongue.gif

Soy or rice milk are good, if you can't tolerate cow milk goat milk is REALLY good! biggrin.gif For me if I have ANY cow's milk I get sick, so all I eat is soy, rice, and goat stuff. You can use soy or rice milk just like you would cow's milk.

Go with what you like! wub.gif

Unsweetened Soy Milk taste like regular milk, except with a Soyie aftertaste.

You want to avoid Sugar as much as possible.

Also soy milk has half of the calcium, protein, fat, regular milk has.

sorry to burst your bubble, but soy milk isn't good for you... do the research www.westonaprice.org

better stick to almond/rice/oat/hazelnut milk.

if you need calcium, there is always supplements, calcium-fortified orange juice, and spinach (among other foods). One does not have to have cow milk to get enough calcium.

I have one son who is intolerant to milk, vomits, and I give him chewable calcium supplements. For cereal and baking, I use Vance's Dari-Free. It is a powder that you mix with water. It actually has a more appealing flavor than soy milk, imo. It is made of potatoes!

There's also Tropicana orange juice. It actually says on the carton that one full glass of OJ is equivalent to as much calcium gained in one glass of milk. It also has vitamin d in it.

I get it from costco.

For the love of god don't drink soya milk. Soya equals highly modfied protein. Most acne suffers have a weak liver, and highly modified protein puts the liver under enourmous pressure. I also believe cow's milk is modfied, although I've no proof.

I found feta cheese (made from goat's and sheep's milk) doesn't affect me. I believe this is because their milk is not modified in the same way cow's milk is. If you are going to buy it I'd go for feta cheese from greece or somewhere near there, as I generally trust the greeks/turks/cypriots not to modify their food in the same way as English speaking countries do.

Anyway goat's/sheep's cheese didn't affect me so it's reasonable to pressume goat's/sheep's milk wouldn't either.

For the love of god don't drink soya milk. Soya equals highly modfied protein. Most acne suffers have a weak liver, and highly modified protein puts the liver under enourmous pressure. I also believe cow's milk is modfied, although I've no proof.

it may not be contributing to your acne, but it will affect your body in different ways. stick to almond/rice milk, and kefir.